Part Time, 20 hours/week
Summa Health System is recognized as one of the region’s top employers by a number of third party organizations, including NorthCoast 99. Exceptional candidates gravitate to Summa because of its culture, passion for delivering excellent service to our patients and families commitment to our philosophy of servant leadership, collegial working relationships at every level of the organization and competitive pay and benefits.
Performs courier functions, and other related duties.
Formal Education Required:
Experience & Training Required:
- Proven ability to read and write English, follow written and oral instruction, read and follow a map and perform basic mathematical functions.
Other Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
- Must be 21 years of age or over at time of hire.
- Must have valid Ohio Driver’s License and meet Summa Fleet Insurance Standards.
- ONLY IF POSITION IS ASSIGNED to backup Dispatcher I – must pass typing test of 30 wpm.
Level of Physical Demands:
- Expected to successfully complete a basic training program that provides knowledge of hospital procedures and related medical terminology within the 90 day probationary period.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with managers and staff in user areas (e.g., nursing staff, secretaries, nursing assistant, physician office staff, etc.).
- Ability to work independently and solve problems without direct supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with customers.
- Ability to maintain a customer focus in all work activities.
- Must be able to work various shifts.
- Standing, walking and driving for extended periods of time; lifting, pushing, or carrying heavy to medium weight stock items.
- Assumes accountability for demonstrating behaviors consistent with the Summa’s Service Excellence policy.
- Population Specific Competency: Ability to effectively interact with populations of patients/customers with an understanding of their needs for self-respect and dignity.
- Must be able to obtain vendors badge access from various facilities
- Sedentary: Exerts up to ten pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently.