Alternate Locations: Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $253 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2017.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
As the Internal Wholesaler - Retirement, you will be responsible for providing detailed information regarding Lincoln Financial Group's retirement solution for small and medium defined contribution plans. This role supports sales of The Lincoln Alliance and Lincoln Director Program.
- Develops and implements a business plan for reaching territory sales goals, sales ideas, and sales activities with external partners.
- Understands the retirement services industry and effectively communicates the Lincoln Alliance and Director Program within it.
- Works closely with regional sales directors to; generate proposals, assist in preparing for finalist presentation and follow up on any unresolved issues to win new business.
- Identifies new Financial Advisors and makes proactive calls to establish new relationships and generate new proposal opportunities.
- Manages a sales cycle which often lasts 6 to 12 months.
- Acts as a liaison between the regional sales director and the various internal stakeholders, such as the RFP unit, Investment Strategies Group, Pricing team, Regional Account Managers.
- Interacts with Lincoln field representatives, such as; Relationship Managers, Retirement Consultants, and District Managers typically after a case has sold.
- Manages pipeline and Financial Advisor information via databases, software, and the internet.
- Completes administrative functions, such as literature fulfillment requests.
- Gathers industry related data and act as a resource.
- Adheres to LFD's Culture of Compliance; complies with LFD's policies and procedures.
- Undergraduate degree or 4+ years of comparable work experience required
- FINRA Series 6 & 63 required
- Life and Health license required
- 1-3+ years of experience in financial services sales that directly aligns with specific responsibilities for this position
- Education, experience and/or proficiency in: Defined Contribution plans, Sales, Relationship Management and Case Administration
- A demonstrated track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding performance expectations
- Possesses a bias for action and avoids workplace distractions
- Drives performance targets to completion
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.
Nearest Major Market:
Business Development, RFP, Pre-Sales, Sales