- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
The Department of Mental Health is a drug-free workplace. All candidates will be required to pass a mandatory pre-employment drug test.
This position is located with the South Carolina Department of Mental Health, Beckman Center for Mental Health Services, Administrative Office, Greenwood, SC. This position will be responsible for implementing and providing oversight to the daily operations of the Federal SAMHSA Grant awarded to SCDMH/Beckman to serve youth and young adults at Clinical High Risk for Psychosis. The position will oversee the clinical and fiscal processes related to the grant.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Oversees grant vendors, including monitoring required grant reporting, and ensuring that grant vendors meet contract deadlines and deliverables. Duties , also, include contract drafting, negotiation, budgeting, encumbrances, monitoring compliance and budgetary restraints, payment and contract renewal.
2. Develops programs to meet the goals of the grant including organizing workgroups, planning stakeholder meetings, and scheduling training programs. Communicates with stakeholders through written communications in various formats including emails, newsletters, and website materials.
3. Plans and arranges training for Beckman and other SCDMH staff around working with the Clinical High Risk population.
4. Coordinates with other Center programs and other agencies to ensure that patients receive services as indicated by the grant, such as Individual Placement and Supports (IPS), Family Peer Support, and Peer Support, Housing and Rental Assistance, the local alcohol and drug agency, and other related entities.
5. Provides supervision to the Administrative Coordinator for the Clinical High Risk Program.
6. Completes other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Position may occasionally require overnight travel for grant purposes.
Minimum and Additional Requirements
State Requirements: A bachelor's degree and relevant program experience.
Agency Requirements: A master's degree and four (4) years of responsible experience in mental health care or social service delivery systems; or any equivalent combination of training, education and experience.
Note: When Agency Requirements are listed above, applicants must also meet the Agency Requirements.
Supplemental questions are considered part of the application. Please complete the state application to include supplemental questions, all current and previous work history and education. A resume may be attached, but not substituted for completing the work history and education sections of the employment application. Incomplete applications will not be referred to the hiring supervisor. This position will be advertised until filled.
The South Carolina Department of Mental Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity Agency. We provide affirmative action and equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex – including the basis of pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, national origin, age, religion, or disability.