Purchasing/Shipping position in Edgewood, MD.
Highly organized, detail-oriented team player needed to manage the purchasing and shipping segment of a small business in Edgewood.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Purchasing – Creation, placement and completion of purchase orders and requisitions using Quickbooks Enterprise. Requesting and analyzing quotations from vendors. Initiating contact with new vendors and building relationships with existing vendors, placing orders and scheduling delivery. Ensure efficient supply chain to maintain required production levels.
- Shipping – Following through with vendors and carriers to make sure parts, materials, services and equipment is delivered when promised, contact common carriers to obtain quotes for and schedule shipments, complete bills of lading and other shipping documents.
- Receiving – Enter receipts, analyze documentation, and resolve discrepancies by notifying the affected department and communicating with vendor.
- General office responsibilities – Filing, keeping Excel spreadsheets of production, faxing, printing, scheduling and correspondence.
- Light warehouse duties – Monitoring Inventory levels, receiving materials from carriers, product weighing and packaging.
- Light manufacturing duties – Production recording, manufacturing utilities
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by the plant manager.
We are looking for someone with an associate’s degree in business or related field with office and manufacturing/warehouse experience and an analytical problem solving aptitude.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Quickbooks is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year
- Purchasing and/or Shipping: 1 year (Required)