It is a great time to join CVS/pharmacy, the retail division of CVS Health, as America’s leading retail pharmacy with more than 7,600 stores and continuing to grow. We are seeking a talented, sales oriented Beauty Consultant who is passionate about the beauty industry and believes the client experience should be top notch. Our customers will experience your passion for beauty and sales skills as you share the latest beauty trends and techniques through your extensive industry knowledge.
As a Beauty Consultant you are excited about all things beauty! You will greet and provide friendly, knowledgeable, sales service to every client who enters the beauty zone of the store and strive to build the best, personalized basket for each customer.
Customer Sales Experience
- Seek out customers to ensure they have an amazing experience through personalized sales service based on customer needs, productive up- and suggestive selling, as well as subsequent follow-up contact to build lasting relationships.
- Engage in conversation with each customer as they enter the beauty zone, listen to and be sensitive of the information shared by the customer and their needs and provide sales advice.
- Maneuver in a conversation to stimulate a different thought process. This means you are confident and comfortable using your verbal skills to generate sales.
- Be the brand expert by answering customer questions in detail with product knowledge to produce the largest sales basket possible.
- Using the facilities provided, explain in detail how various products are used, applied, etc. educating the customer of the proper usage and benefits leveraging the sampling program.
- Participate in and represent company sales programs or events that positively impact business. You are comfortable discussing CVS Beauty Club programs and inviting customers to special, in store events or explaining current promotions to close the sale.
- Create and maintain product displays, end caps and other special promotional materials in support of key brand, corporate and local advertising efforts.
- Maintain a beautiful and clean zone by keeping your assigned area well-stocked, well-merchandised and compliant with hygiene standards for a positive shopping experience.
Training & Personal Growth and Development
- Complete initial 30/60/90 day onboarding training with continued training/educational programs to ensure sales, product knowledge and selling skills are current and that all work performed is in accordance with company policies and guidelines.
- Execute the established sales plan by meeting sales budget and tracking your own progress to success.
- Participate in sales training meetings and conference calls concerning programs and promotions, new items, brand launches, sales goals and exceptional customer care.
- Meet expectations through Beauty Consultant evaluations.
- Compete with yourself to beat prior sales goal and max out sales budget.
- Maintain a professional appearance in compliance with company guidelines at all times.
- Be plugged in, curious and excited about all of the latest beauty trends and techniques through various news outlets and social channels.
- Seek to further your own product knowledge and client service skills. Be a beauty sales enthusiast!
Why You’ll Love Working Here!
- Exposure to the latest and greatest product in the industry through brand interaction, training and more
- Gratis. Everyone loves free samples! You will be overwhelmed with the amount of great product you get to take home and try out.
- Fun filled days at trade shows. Brand partners and other colleagues will present and discuss new and upcoming product and provide trainings on various initiatives. And more free samples!
- You will be helping people on their path to better health. When people feel good about themselves that translates to the rest of their lives, and you will make an impact!
- Sales oriented or interested
- Ability to use sales data with product/brand knowledge to meet sales and beauty service goals
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Goal-driven, with an ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently and as an integral part of a team in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple priorities and quickly learning new procedures
- Available to work a flexible retail schedule, which may include mornings, evenings, weekends, extended hours and “Peak” Hours
- Ability to perform the tasks listed throughout job description
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Prior Beauty Sales Experience
- License in cosmetology or esthetics preferred
- Current knowledge of products and brands
- Strong passion for beauty
- Physical abilities to support the essential functions of the role as listed above, such as able to stand and/or move throughout the store for the majority of work time in order to provide excellent customer service and beauty consulting. Able to stoop, kneel or crouch, and able to reach or grasp objects, including objects on lower shelves.
- Able to perform duties requiring manual dexterity
High school diploma or equivalent preferred
It’s a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran - we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or email@example.com. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.