Do you have great administrative skills? If, yes, then consider this position with Tetra Tech. We are looking for a full-time Administrative Assistant to perform report publication, records management and various other administrative tasks in our Germantown, MD office.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
Report Publication, including editing, formatting, printing, copying, binding and shipping reports, receive and distribute deliveries, draft letters, electronic document submittal, work with spreadsheets, assist with purchase order requisitions, assist with expense reports, assist other staff as required, run office errands, and complete other administrative duties as assigned. Work with on-line record keeping and filing systems managed by Tetra Tech and by our clientele.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. We are a diverse company, including individuals with expertise in science, research, engineering, construction, and information technology. Our strength is in collectively providing integrated services—delivering the best solutions to meet our clients' needs. With more than 17,000 employees, 400 offices worldwide and $2.8 billion revenue in 2017, Tetra Tech strives to improve the quality of life through innovative, sustainable solutions that help our clients reach their goals for water, environment, energy, infrastructure, and resource management projects. Our commitment to safety is ingrained in our culture and at the forefront of every project. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Desktop publication and word processing with MS Office Suite, and Adobe Creative Suites, including strong ability to manipulate material, merging documents, create and edit tables, insert graphics from programs such as Photoshop and Illustrator
- Write documents to CDs
- Development of report graphics, tables, organizational charts, figures, CD labels, etc.
- Copying and assembly of reports
- Revising and formatting letters, reports, and technical documents
- Assist with drafting letters, reports and technical documents, using predefined styles and formatting and data entry (spreadsheets, databases, etc.)
- Receive and distribute incoming mail/packages (US Mail as well as overnight carriers)
- Filing both manually and electronically; record-keeping
- Schedule meetings and order food for luncheons when needed
- Greet guests with professional and courteous demeanor
- Maintaining the overall office, kitchen, and production area in a presentable manner
- Other duties as assigned (i.e., scanning, copying, ordering supplies including preparing requisitions, stock supplies, process invoices, prepare offices, etc.)
This position may occasionally require scheduled overtime.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) +3-5 years or BS +1-years demonstrated experience working in an office environment is required.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills, telephone etiquette
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, Power Point, InDesign, and Adobe Creative Suites; Acrobat, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Detail-oriented and willing to learn new things
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and to prioritize work independently
- Strong typing skills and proficiency with Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word)
- Working knowledge of other software including Adobe Acrobat, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Be comfortable with web-based computer applications
- Ability to use basic office equipment (fax machines, copiers, etc.)
- Working knowledge of commonly used office practices, procedures, and concepts
- Understanding of document tracking, filing manually and electronically
- Be able to work in fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, and be willing to adapt to change
- Maintain a professional attitude and be team player.
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills; proficient in spelling, grammar and punctuation and possess basic math skills.
- Technical editing skills a plus.
As part of the Tetra Tech family of companies, we are home to some of the best minds in the country, including nationally renowned subject matter experts. Whether we are contemplating the restoration of our environment or helping to revitalize our urban centers, we are thinking of clear sustainable solutions to resource management and infrastructure challenges. In fact, it’s much more than what can be done today; it’s what we’ll be able to do tomorrow. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our team. We are an equal opportunity employer.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
Job Administrative Assistant
Primary Location United States-MD-US-Germantown
Organization 112 NUS
Job Posting Jan 30, 2019, 4:41:52 PM
Job Closing Date Ongoing
Physical Work Location Country USA-MD-Germantown