McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity, focused on modernizing our experiences—not to make a different McDonald’s, but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand on the planet by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big on a daily basis and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good:
for people, our industry and the planet. From bold recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
For McDonald's, one of the most recognized brands in the world, the Global Menu Strategy team plays an important role in how we connect with our consumers to drive relevant marketplace actions and measureable results. This means we must understand what our consumers want in order to translate that in to compelling actions in the marketplace. Through our menu offerings and restaurant experience, we address the modern needs of the customer, creating delicious feel-good moments that drive traffic to our restaurants.
The Director, Global Menu Strategy will play a critical role in the integration of our Global Marketing team’s consumer-centric menu approach. He/she will be responsible for leading the strategic direction of McDonald’s Core product portfolio, yielding sustainable growth. We put the customer at the center of everything we do, enabling us to deliver offerings that directly address consumer needs. A successful Director of Global Menu Strategy must have the ability to leverage consumer insights and develop concepts, but also drive cross-functional collaboration between marketing, product development, design, and operations in order to successfully execute in market, consistently learning and building business scenarios that can be leveraged across McDonald’s globally.
This position will report to the Senior Director of Global Menu Strategy.
In addition to following McDonald’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Engaging in consumer-centric marketplace opportunity identification and scoping across our Core products.
- Partnering with global cross-functional teams, including food technology, operations, insights, and marketing on the development and coordination of long-term strategies and actions that drive sustainable growth for McDonald’s Core product portfolio.
- Develop scalable global solutions that deliver value to customers, owner/operators and the corporation.
- Maximizing the portfolio’s value by ensuring that each Core product brand has a relevant and differentiated space in the marketplace. Driving brand equity growth across each Core product, in line with the overall brand ambition.
- Effectively and consistently developing compelling materials that effectively communicate insights/strategies and is comfortable presenting to and influencing decision-making across a broad range of stakeholders.
- Leading cross-functional global teams including: insights, marketing, menu, food technology, operations, equipment, supply chain, packaging, design, IT and digital.
- Developing content and communicating across Corporate, Global Marketing Leadership and Global Menu Council forums.
- 7+ years of experience required in a related field (Brand/Product Management, Marketing, Customer Experience).
- Proven experience leveraging consumer and business insights in order to develop brand strategies.
- Exceptional leadership ability and strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with teams throughout the organization. Excellent presentation delivery and storytelling skills.
- Established track record impacting business outcomes through influence without formal authority.
- Experience leading major brands across a variety of scenarios including the establishment of major brands, development of new brands and the re-shaping of positioning for existing brands.
- BS/BA degree in related discipline required; MBA Preferred.
- Generalist marketing experience credentials preferred.
McDonald’s Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.