Come join a growing organization of Climbing | Yoga | Fitness gyms across the country! Movement’s mission is to Create Community, Share Passion, and Inspire Philanthropy. We are committed to the communities we serve and developing future leaders.
Movement is committed to growing the climbing community through a shared vision for outstanding customer service, inspirational designs, and highly engaged communities. Movement gyms feature bouldering, top-roping and lead climbing, as well as amenities like yoga studios, functional fitness and cardio zones and retail pro shops. Each facility caters to participants of all abilities – from competitive athletes to weekend adventurers and families.
Presently, Movement is represented in greater Washington D.C., San Francisco, Denver, Chicago, Dallas, Fountain Valley, and Portland. We are looking to build an extraordinary team to enable our continued growth and strive to hire individuals who are aligned with our core values of passion, integrity, innovation, partnership and inclusion.
The gym leadership team is comprised of the Assistant Gym Director and Gym Director. As a team, they are responsible for ensuring that the gym functions smoothly, all staff are supported and upholding our Core Values, and that we are providing an excellent customer experience. The Assistant Gym Director will report to the Gym Director.
The ideal candidate will have a balance of great customer service and leadership skills, as well as excellent administrative abilities. Proven success in developing and managing a high performing team in a fast-paced environment. Ability to see the big picture as well as the everyday details are essential to being a successful Assistant Gym Director.
Assist the Gym Director with the management of all gym operations and administrative duties including but not limited to:
- Providing leadership and direction to all staff in alignment with our mission, vision and values
- Hiring, training, and scheduling of all staff
- Management and mentorship of staff
- Overseeing the delivery of excellent front-line customer service
- Ability to connect with diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
- Ability to lead and influence through collaboration, managing change, and building consensus
- Financial reporting, deposits and payroll tasks
- Resolving membership questions
- Serve as a shift supervisor for the gym as part of a rotating management schedule
- Working 1-2 desk shifts per week, including evenings and weekends
- Incredible customer service skills, attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Excellent administrative abilities, including organization, comfort with computer work, and ability to learn new software
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to effectively communicate team goals
- Role model in current position and in excellent standing with current management staff
- Experience in retail, instruction, and operation
- Ability to build and lead a high-performance team
- Vision for what needs to be done and ability to execute (self-directed)
- Night, weekend, longer days and event availability
- Embodies the mission, vision and values and able to foster this sense of culture in all staff
- Ability to solve problems and handle difficult situations with sound judgment
- Proficient in organizational tools such as web-based applications, MS Office and POS tools
- Passionate individual who is eager to integrate and build the local climbing community
- Sunday through Thursday work week
- Full-time position
- Starting salary is $60,400 with flexibility based on experience
- Paid time off
- Health benefits and retirement plan available
- Free gym membership
Movement is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or marital status.