Why Chemical Bank? Are you eager to expand your career? Our Internship Program is perfect for the brightest and best students looking for opportunities to experience hands-on work with a variety of professionals in a corporate environment. There will be opportunities to interact with Chemical Bank’s leadership team. The Chemical Bank Internship Program will guide and mentor students for opportunities aligned to their career interests.
Under general supervision, the Credit Intern will review and analyze financial statements and perform credit analysis for commercial lenders in a timely and accurate manner. They will assist the department in performing projects aimed at identifying and limiting credit risks within the commercial loan portfolio.
- Complete financial spreads on financial statement provided to the credit department
- Complete, analyze, and review Borrowing Bases sent in by Borrowers
- Assist with month and quarter end reporting.
- Work with credit analyst on underwriting deals.
- Assist on projects as they arise.
- Assist Relationship Managers and Loan Assistants with financial statement requirement collections.
- Complete credit reviews (if applicable)
- Report tracking
- Participate in sales calls with Relationship Managers
Chemical Bank's internship program offers:
- Competitive compensation
- Company orientation and training
- Executive speaking series
- Hands on experience with meaningful work
- Career development
- Networking opportunities
- Participate in all company sponsored intern events
- Support organization and department initiatives
- Provide recommendations to improve the department
- Work both independently and within a team
- Take initiative to achieve personal career goals
- Hands on experience in your area of study
- Collaborate directly with your leader
- A rising Sophomore, Junior or Senior in a full-time undergraduate program.
- Maintain a good academic standing with the University
- Candidates will possess strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Candidates should reside in a commutable distance from the Chemical Bank location to which they are assigned.
- Eligible to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship from the company
- Demonstrates a strong interest in Chemical Bank
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong time management skills
- Must have strong attention to detail skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must have proficient verbal and written communication skills
Work schedule is approximately 40 hours per week Monday through Friday 8:00 – 5:00
- Must be able to fulfill the following requirements with or without reasonable accommodations:
- Standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time.
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
- Dexterity required for manipulating objects and standard office equipment.
- Communication skills using the written and spoken word.
- Ability to see and hear within normal parameters.
- Ability to lift/maneuver up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to bend, squat, and stoop as needed.
As a Chemical Bank Intern, you will join professionals who are making a positive impact where they live, work and play. You will be a part of a growing community bank that believes in the dreams of it's customers and employees alike. With Chemical Bank, you will make a difference in your community while enjoying an exciting internship experience.