McLean Contracting is has an immediate opportunity for a Project Engineer to join our team in Baltimore, MD. Project Engineers have responsibility for safe, efficient, and timely execution of the construction project assigned. As a Project Engineer at McLean, you will be collaborating daily with the Project Manager and field supervisions, while at times acting on behalf of the Company in communication with the Owner. The PE will maintain regular schedule and cost control for their projects, actively participate in means and methods, safety planning, project scheduling and budgeting in the construction and pre-construction phases. Extensive knowledge and experience in the marine/heavy/civil construction industry is critical for this role.
- Strong problem-solving capabilities, working within the management team to ensure projects meet safety, schedule, and budget goals; while actively supports Company mission, vision, purpose and values.
- Represents McLean in a business-like, ethical and professional manner at various progress meetings, partnering sessions, JV meetings, conferences, etc. as required.
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, up and down the chain of command, and with customers, subcontractors, suppliers, and/or outside stakeholders. Well organized and capable of multi-tasking.
- Working knowledge of layout and surveying. Capable of providing and maintaining horizontal and vertical survey control by use of a level, GPS, total station, etc., including organized documentation of survey notes.
- Provides project cost control. Oversees quantity tracking and cost coding for purposes of productivity analysis and accurate job cost forecasting.
- Engages in design of temporary structures, formwork, and falsework design in coordination with McLean’s Structural Engineer.
- Initiates progress and final payments with owners and subcontractors. Prepares daily reports as related to crews, progress, and issues.
- Coordinates and monitors the work of subcontractors. Works with foreman to ensure structures are built in conformance with the contract requirements.
- Provides document control for correspondence, submittals, RFI’s etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or Civil Engineering Technology; 5 years of related experience and a Professional Engineer’s License. Will consider a combination of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in heavy civil and marine construction and cost estimating is highly valued.
- Competitive Salary
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Retirement Plan
Maximize your Career Potential by taking advantage of the many opportunities available here at McLean Contracting Company. Whether you have worked in the industry for years or you are just getting started, you will find our Company provides opportunities for growth and advancement. McLean's rich history includes countless success stories and all of them involve the hard work and dedication of our best asset, our employees! We hope that you will consider joining our team.
McLean Contracting Company
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $6,000.00 - $9,000.00 per month
- Heavy Civil Construction: 3 years (Required)
- CAD software: 1 year (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative