Passionate about quality patient care and leading others towards greatness? If you are an experienced BSN with management and leadership experience looking to make a positive impact on others, we want to hear from you! Community Home Health and Hospice is seeking a Home Health Clinical Coordinator to step into the role in our Vancouver location.
SUMMARY: The Home Health Clinical Coordinator has primary responsibility and authority for day-to-day patient care activities and for maintaining quality of patient care, in accordance with the Agency’s objectives and policies through receiving referrals, planning, coordinating, implementing, and evaluating the service. He/she should have a working knowledge of reimbursement and regulatory issues and the ability to apply this to daily activities. Successful outcomes of this role include accountability of field staff, continued development of field staff evidenced by a high level of staff morale/low turnover, timely, thorough and accurate documentation, improved outcomes based on generally accepted measures.
WHY CHOOSE COMMUNITY
- Supportive team environment
- Passionate about our non-profit mission
- Up to 26 days of paid time off annually
- Retirement plan
- Medical and Dental benefits
- Mileage reimbursement
- Company paid life insurance
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for assignment and supervision of nursing, therapy, social work, home health aide. Responsible for coordinating staff scheduling of referrals and patient visits on daily basis. Reviews schedules, monitors caseloads on an on-going basis to assure adequate staffing levels and assure continuity of care.
- Responsible for functions, activities and evaluation of all field staff to assure quality of patient care and conformity to agency policies, procedures and professional standards. Evaluates care provided by field staff through a variety of means such as home visits, case conferences, record review, etc.
- Reviews patient assessments, plans of care and recertifications with staff in order to verify, instruct, and assist in promoting effective, quality patient care and clinical documentation.
- Offers direction and consultation to patients and staff to support effective service to patients and to assist in increasing the necessary skills and understanding to provide quality services. Provides services to families where needs may be of such a nature as to require special skills, teaching, or evaluation; or assists other staff in evaluating or planning for patients. Demonstrates technical skills, teaching or other related services to staff or patients/families.
- Conducts and facilitates case conferences on a regular basis and assists the Home Health Manager and Director in planning and facilitating department meetings. Assists Home Health Manager, Home Health Director and Quality Improvement Director in developing effective orientation and ongoing training for staff.
- Works to develop and maintain positive and effective communication with physicians and among all CHHH staff. Works with hospital discharge planners, nurses and social workers to plan and organize home services upon patients’ discharge. As requested, attends meetings to facilitate community relations.
- Responsible for reviewing and maintaining agency productivity standards. Provides regular feedback to staff regarding productivity, and counsels staff concerning strategies for improving individual productivity. Assesses staffing patterns and needs and shares information with the Home Health Director to assure effective planning to meet ongoing staffing needs.
- Assists in interviewing and hiring professional staff as requested. Responsible for the provision of adequate orientation of new staff members, delegating, as appropriate, specific aspects of orientation.
- As requested, participates in formulating and revising agency forms, policies and procedures.
- Apprises staff of applicable Home Health state and federal regulations and accreditation standards, and ensures ongoing compliance with regulations. Problem solves for efficient and effective way to achieve staff compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Works with Home Health Manager, Home Health Director and visit staff to provide necessary information and communication for Medicare/Medicaid and third party payers to resolve Home Health reimbursement issues when additional clinical information is needed to ensure reimbursement.
- Takes and investigates variance reports from the department and forwards such reports to the Manager and Director with recommendations for process improvement. Develops training to prevent variances.
- Assists Home Health Referral Center with insurance re-authorization process when clinical expertise is required by the insurer for such re-authorizations. Works with the Home Health Manager, Director, Referral Center Coordinator and visit staff to provide necessary information and communication for Medicare/Medicaid and third party payers to resolve Home Health reimbursement issues when additional clinical information is needed to ensure reimbursement.
- Effectively represents the Mission and Value Performance Standards of CHHH in the implementation of the Home Health program.
- RN required, BSN preferred
- Current WA and OR licenses.
- Knowledge of home health regulations and third party reimbursement.
- Previous supervisory experience required.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to document concisely, accurately and timely.
- Excellent organization and training skills.
- Valid driver’s license, reliable auto, and proof of current auto insurance.
- Proof of TB screening required.
- Blood Borne Pathogens Training.
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation certificate.
- HIV/AIDS education.
PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS: Work is primarily conducted in an office setting. Works also involves driving in town, as well as on the freeway and to the patient’s place of residence. Occasional bending, stooping or lifting up to 40 pounds may be required. Hearing and vision correctable to normal. Computer work sitting at a workstation is required.
CHHH is an EEO employer. See more postings at chhh.org.
Job Type: Full-time