The successful candidate will be joining NBCUniversal at an exciting time where it is transforming from an operational, tool-based cyber defense program to an intelligence and threat-based organization. The vulnerability management team is no different; growing and transforming to a service offering for the entire company, and partnering with the rest of the Cyber Security organization to shape the future of cyber defenses at NBCUniversal.
The successful candidate will be expected to ‘think like an adversary’, pulling from their diverse background and knowledge of IT, to identify, assess, prioritize and communicate vulnerabilities and threats across the systems and applications making up the NBCUniversal IT ecosystem.
This position is available in New York, NY; Philadelphia, PA; Centennial, CO; Orlando, FL; Universal City, CA; Englewood Cliffs, NJ.
Analyze vulnerability data from infrastructure perspective and provide technical and actionable reports to the business leadership and technical that allows for proper identification and validation of vulnerabilities.
Identify and articulate risks and remediation in a relevant and approachable manner with both technical and non-technical audiences
Assess publicly and privately announced security vulnerabilities to determine the risk based on severity, threat likelihood and impact
Assists in designing correction plans, mitigations, and full remediation actions
Collaborate with infrastructure and application owners on security hot-fixes or patch management validation
Identify and recommend appropriate measures to manage and remediate vulnerabilities and reduce potential impacts on information resources to a level acceptable to the senior management of the company
Support the cyber incident response team in specified vulnerability discovery and identification tasks during crisis management.
Coordinate with stakeholders to develop requirements for service enhancements
Additional Job Requirements:
- 3-5 years of experience in either vulnerability management or related information security field
- Experience in threat and vulnerability management, penetration testing, security operations
- Familiar with industry standard security best practices and vulnerability management processes including compliance reporting
- Advanced experience with vulnerability scanning tools (Qualys preferred) and other vulnerability management tools
- Familiarity with multiple programming and scripting languages (such as, Java, C/C++, Objective C, Ruby, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Demonstrate knowledge of networking concepts and devices (Firewalls, Routers, Switches, and Load Balancers)
- Demonstrate an understanding of network and web related protocols (such as, TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
- Experience developing and improving KPIs, metrics, and trending for vulnerability management functions
- Understanding of how applications, networking, operating systems, and databases work
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work at one of the following locations: Universal City, CA.
- Intellectual capability and curiosity to learn complex processes.
- Highly collaborative; personally, and professionally self-aware; able to and interested in interacting with employees at all levels; embody integrity; and represent and inspire the highest ethical standards.
- Strong sense of urgency and commitment, as well as sound business sense with a strategic, conceptual and operational orientation
- Experience advising on technical related issues
- Passion for and interest in media and entertainment industry highly desired
- Flexible, organized, and passionate about advanced cyber security
- Great interpersonal skills and love for a team environment
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.