Software Development Engineer (Cinematic & HDR Content Player Development) Audio and Video Solutions
Samsung Research America (SRA)
Digital Media Solutions Lab
The Digital Media Solutions Lab at Samsung Research America is developing innovative and advanced core technologies related to video and audio systems.
Developing/Integrating Audio/Video Solutions architected by our Video Algorithm team.
- Develop Cinematic & HDR Content Player Development
- Quickly prototype new ideas/technologies to create proof of concept and demos (e.g. Develop new framework for Studio Demonstration).
- Analyze any available sources to find bugs and make enhancements in the code.
- Evaluate and recommend best software designs and architecture.
- Effectively communicate and support other global engineering teams.
Solid C and C++ coding abilities (Note:
- MS and/or PhD in ECE, CE, EE (Signal Processing)
- 5+ years of experience in system level software development
Strong C++ skill is a MUST) Familiarity with Media Player
- Experience in Computer Vision, Signal Processing, Image Processing, and/or strong Publications
- Preferred Qualifications
Familiar with Open Sources such as FFMPEG Familiar with Color Management & Video Processing Algorithm Excellent communication and organizational skills. Strong problem solving skills, proactive, and willing to take ownership.
Development experience with DCP player development Development experience using QT development environment Development experience using OpenCL to optimize video algorithms
Samsung is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer. We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace.