BluePearl Veterinary Partners hospital in Tacoma, WA is currently seeking an exceptional Veterinary Receptionist! Are you looking for a change? Are you interested or experienced in emergency or specialty medicine? Do you like working in a busy environment? Do you want unlimited growth potential? Are you compassionate, friendly and customer service oriented?
Then this is the opportunity for you!
This is a full-time opportunity working day shift - multiple scheduling options available
As a Veterinary Receptionist, you are responsible for a visitor’s first impression of the hospital and are expected to welcome anyone entering the property with a friendly, welcoming greeting. The Veterinary Receptionist provides exceptional service to internal and external clients through maintaining a consistently professional and approachable demeanor and taking responsibility for seeking solutions to problems.
Responsibilities of a Veterinary Receptionist:
- Greets and makes eye contact when entry door opens to offer every client, visitor or associate a warm and professional acknowledgment immediately upon arrival.
- Demonstrates a friendly smile, good eye contact, and approachable demeanor. Uses appropriate behavior and body language to match the client’s level of concern. Listens empathetically.
- Speaks clearly, slowly and calmly in person and on the telephone. Communicates clear and client-focused solutions in ways clients are easily able to understand.
- Assesses, immediately upon arrival, each client’s unique need, as well as the pet’s general condition.
- Determines whether an emergency arrival is a “stat” versus “standard” emergency. Checks in “stat” and “standard” emergencies according to the level of urgency.
- Routes emergency calls.
- Promptly processes accurate and thorough admission and check out procedures, including the collection of associated fees.
- Collaborates with nursing staff to ensure clients’ wait times in the lobby and exam rooms are minimized.
- Acts as a liaison to clients, frequently keeping them informed of delays. Connects clients with other associates to facilitate answers to questions.
- Monitors lobby for soiling or clutter and arrange clean up as needed.
- Answers telephones using proper etiquette and tone as determined by established standards.
- Responds to non-patient calls or visitors and connects them to the appropriate associates.
- Confirms all appointments in advance, ensuring clients receive accurate information about preparing their pet for the appointment. Cancels appointments as necessary.
- Explains aftercare options for clients and completes deceased pet aftercare forms. Offers emotional support and resource materials to grieving clients in a compassionate and discreet manner.
- Serves as a liaison between clients and service agencies during handling of pet remains by ensuring a complete, accurate and compassionate process.
- Documents client communication in hospital operation software.
- Medical Record Processing
- Prepares medical records one day prior to appointments.
- Attaches loose forms to medical records and files promptly.
- Purges old medical records according to policies.
- Delivers and sends faxes, email and other correspondence promptly to the correct individual.
- Files records and paperwork accurately according to defined numerical or alphabetical systems.
- Financial Transaction Processing
- Reconciles daily receipts to hospital operation system figures.
- Maintains cash drawer at the specified amount by making change accurately for client payments made in cash.
- Explains payment options to clients.
- Records and processes payments and completes accounting logs.
- Explains Care Credit and submits Care Credit applications.
- Generates and closes out invoices for products purchased at the Client Service desk.
- Administrative Tasks
- Displays legible handwriting and records digital information free of spelling, grammatical and calculation errors. Uses a professional written and verbal tone in communication.
- Owns, troubleshoots handles and follows up on problems as they present. Seeks assistance with solving problems as necessary while taking responsibility for facilitating the outcome.
- Understands the meaning of each medical specialty and matches clinical staff with each specialty. Knows which primary nursing associates support individual doctors.
- Uses hospital operation software to look up and document client and patient history.
- Confirms and accurately enters new client information, patient information and primary care veterinarian information.
- Generates hospital forms and reports from hospital operation software.
- Demonstrates competence with telephone system features, including hold, transfer, voicemail, overhead paging and modes.
- Routes primary care veterinarian referral calls to the appropriate clinician or associate.
- Routes client complaint calls to a manager if unable to resolve quickly.
- Routes media calls and inquiries immediately to the Marketing Manager, Practice Manager or BluePearl Marketing Director.
- Routes medical record requests to the Client Service Manager.
- Sets and disarms the security system. Interfaces with security monitoring service during alarms.
- Additional job duties as assigned.
Who are we?
- Previous experience in a medical or veterinary office preferred.
- Work efficiently in a busy hospital environment and proactively identify tasks required to ensure optimum client care and hospital organization.
- Legibly and accurately document patient, client and primary care veterinarian information and other hospital communication; display attention to detail.
- Maintain calm demeanor during emergency situations; relate effectively with various personalities and sense when someone is in distress; demonstrate sincere compassion.
- Effectively and professionally communicate verbally with coworkers, doctors, and clients; handle confrontation with grace.
- Think quickly and problem-solve with sound judgment.
- Perform and document basic financial calculations accurately.
BluePearl Veterinary Partners grew from the dreams of numerous veterinarians who believed pets should have access to high quality, cutting-edge healthcare.
We are seeking hospital support with the same philosophy who are looking to grow their career in an exciting environment with a family atmosphere!
Your success is our success!
At BluePearl, the continued education of our techs is paramount. Not only do our techs get to work in state of the art facilities with the best veterinary teams in the nation, but they also have access 90% paid scholarships with Penn Foster and CE allowances. We also go even further to hold monthly CE meetings, associate feedback sessions, and opportunities for mentorship and cross-training.