The LCSW will perform counseling, therapy and case management for clients requiring treatment of substance use disorders, often with co-occurring conditions.
Candidates who hold or who are willing to attain substance abuse credential, such as CAADC, MAC, or other substance abuse certification are preferred.
Facilitation of group sessions, delivery of educational lectures, individual counseling, and case management will be the primary activities for the selected candidate(s). The ideal candidate is a team player with a willingness to work days primarily, but understands there may be an occasion where an evening or Saturday morning will be necessary. In the event of an evening or a Saturday morning covered, every effort is made to provide an accommodation to reimburse the evening or weekend time with time off elsewhere in the schedule.
Interested candidates should respond with CV.
Supervision Received : Clinical Supervisor, Clinical Director, & Administrator
The job duties and tasks for this position include but are not limited to:
- Completing and maintaining accurate records regarding the clients' histories and progress, services provided, or other required information.
- Counseling clients individually or in group sessions, to assist in overcoming dependencies, adjusting to life, or making behavioral changes.
- Counseling clients with substance use disorders of varying severity.
- Interviewing clients to gather information about their backgrounds, needs, or progress.
- Collaborating with other professionals to assess client needs or treatment plans.
- Developing and implementing initial and master treatment plans based on clinical experience and knowledge.
- Reviewing and evaluating clients' progress in relation to measurable goals described in treatment and care plans.
- Monitoring clients to evaluate treatment progress.
- Coordinating counseling efforts with the interdisciplinary staff.
- Attending training sessions to increase knowledge and skills.
- Maintaining professional licensure requirements.
- Participating in treatment team meetings daily and as needed.
- Providing clients or family members with information about substance use disorders, available services or programs, making appropriate referrals when necessary.
- Planning or implementing follow-up or continuing care plans for clients being transitioned from primary treatment to continuing care.
- Following the progress of discharged clients to determine effectiveness of treatment.
- Conferring with family members or others close to clients to keep them informed of treatment planning and progress.
- Become knowledgeable and utilize the CRAFT philosophy of family counseling, education, and guidance.
- Performing all other duties as required or assigned.
- Perform job duties with clients, families, and consultants/peers via in-person or tele-med interactions as indicated.
- Providing clear, consistent, quality communication.
- Assisting in the execution of facility goals and objectives.
- Days, when staffing requires, an occasional evening and some Saturday mornings (rotation), & flexibility.
- Some experience or significant interest in a career specialty of Substance Use Disorder Counseling & Therapy.
Required license or certification:
Job Type : Full-time
Salary : $55,000 and up /year to start, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Job Location : Athens, GA 30607
Required education :
- Valid LCSW license for Georgia or willingness to obtain Georgia licensure.
Required experience: Negotiable; MUST be licensed, and substance abuse therapist experience is preferable.
Required licenses or certifications:
- CAC I,CADC, CADC II, CAADC, MAC (May be in process. If not presently certified, must be willing to become certified.)
- LPC, LCSW or have less than 6 months until full licensure.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- substance abuse (Preferred)
- LCSW (Required)