Do you consider yourself a self-starter with a can-do attitude?
Do you love to solve unusual and important problems?
Do you enjoy working with people and coordinating activities to ensure team success?
Would you value working in an environment that rewards creative thinking and focuses on results?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking a Branch Administrator to provide administrative support for the Applied Sensor Technologies Branch (QP) in the Asymmetric Operations Sector. You will be responsible for day-to-day administrative activities as well as working with a strong Branch administrative team. We recognize the Administrator role as a valued partner in achieving results. We are looking for a self-directed, highly motivated individual who thrives on being entrusted with significant responsibilities and making things happen.
As a Branch Administrator, you will...
- Primarily be responsible for coordinating and expediting activities for a driven set of leaders in a fast-paced environment; this entails proactively executing day-to-day activities, such as maintaining calendars, managing agendas, and planning meetings; be accountable for managing and closing action items.
- Track and coordinate timely responses from branch leaders and staff to data calls. Anticipate and plan for regularly scheduled activities such as performance and salary reviews, group strategy reviews, overhead and capital planning, IRAD calls, etc.
- Review documentation and correspondence to ensure correct information and conformance to guidelines; develop knowledge of a large number of operational practices and procedures in order to provide authoritative information in response to requests.
- Assist with the development of presentations, to include research, data collection and organization, editing and formatting.
- Promote the use of communications and collaboration tools to increase partnership with the Branch and across the Sector; maintain administrative cognizance over Branch activities and provide assistance to administrative support staff as needed.
- Initiate and participate in opportunities for improved practices, including developing process improvement plans and leading plan implementation.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
Have a Bachelor’s degree in Business Admin, Management, communications or related business field, OR a High School diploma/equivalent with a minimum of 5 years of administrative experience.
Have strong computer skills using MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Are highly organized and have the ability to expedite activities to achieve results.
Can independently analyze, summarize, and make recommendations on administrative and project related activities.
Can work well with others using discretion and tact, and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Are willing to work non-standard hours from time to time.
Hold an active Secret security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities athttp://www.jhuapl.edu/careers.