Role: Product Owner
Location: Santa Clara, CA
STRONG HEALTH CARE BACKGROUND EXPRIENCE REQUIRED
Responsible for the successful, tactical execution of activities related to interfacing Digital Pathology and Workflow products.
Responsibilities include project management, working proactively with LIS vendors on increasing interface capabilities via relationships, and supporting new and existing LIS integrations to the technical specifications we publish (standard, text, etc).
Gather and analyze requirements in discussion with the client end users, perform feasibility study and options to implement the requirements. Documenting the requirements and getting client sign-off.
· Architect the design changes as per client requirements. Customize Petitioner’s products to suit the needs of customer taking into account performance, scalability, flexibility etc.
· Prepare high level and detail level design artifacts to represent the architectural changes, review the overall design and approach with the client and solicit sign off on the deliverables.
· Assist team in conversion of design changes into code, review code for maintainability, tune it for performance
· improvements, unit testing the code, prepare automated scripts for build efficiency and finalize the overall code for Integration Testing.
· Overall project delivery oversight, manage client expectations, deliverables and milestone goals. Estimate changes and preparing the project schedule for the overall work effort with appropriate task allocations and
· dependencies. Walk team and client through the project plan and incorporate inputs to baseline it.
· Track project through all the phases of the project lifecycle from requirements till production implementation
· and warranty. Track change requests and channel them through the change control board for approval and incorporation in the project schedule.
· Mentor and guide team to focus their efforts towards delivering the project with highest level of quality, within budget and timelines.
· Manage multiple versions of the code through a third party tool. Keep close vigilance on the code change across different tracks and managing the source control systems. Conduct code review session with the team,
· resolve code conflicts to ascertain that all the changes across multiple tracks have been incorporated in the final baseline code
· Identify different categories of risks ranging from technology to resource availability and proposing solutions to
· mitigate them. Handle known/unknown risks in the project and minimizing the impact by strategies like risk
· avoidance, transferring the risk etc. Ensure the impacts are incorporated in the plan through the change control process
· Prepare a plan for releasing the software. Support the User acceptance testing activities by interacting with
· client. Prepare release notes and updating the client regarding features being incorporated in each release.
· Might require 20% travel from time to time.
· Formal Training/Education:
· Bachelor’s degree in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, or related field required. Masters degree preferred.
· Minimum 8 years’ experience in project management, informatics, software development, and application integration in health care service industry.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with internal and external customers and vendors.
· Results oriented approach with good organizational and analytical skills
· Project management skills – managing resources, priorities, schedule, quality, conflict, risk etc.
· Excellent time management, planning, organization and problem solving skills.
· Must be people-oriented and a team player.
· Ability to work hands-on with engineers.
· Ability to understand requirements by working at customer environment
· Ability to suggest new features, improve existing features, usability etc.
· Knowledge in Informatics, LIMS/LIS systems, and Digital Pathology systems preferred.
· Technical programming and operating experience preferred including:
· Environment: Windoes, Web Technology, Apache, IIS, EJB, SERVLETS, JSP JDK, JDBC, Clustering.
· Database: Oracle, SQL Server.
· Tools: Junit, ANT, IDE, Maven, Visual Studio, JMeter , Eclipse, JBoss, Report Writer, Silverlight, GWT
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $65.00 - $70.00 per hour
- PRODUCT OWNER: 8 years (Preferred)