The overall responsibility of this position is to be the point of contact in all aspects of invoice discrepancy resolution from inception to resolution, through interaction with Distribution Centers, suppliers, carriers and warehouse facilities. This position will address OS&D, pricing, and freight claims; research causes of claims; analyze root causes; determine resolutions and communicate findings. The Claim Coordinator is expected to develop an effective and professional working relationship with routine stakeholder contacts.
- First point of contact for discrepancies.
- Responsible for fully documenting all claim requests in appropriate systems. This includes gathering pictures, BOLs, delivery receipts, etc.
- Investigates claims through various avenues, both internal and external, for resolution to the claim. Elevate claim to Manager when appropriate.
- Record appropriate adjustments in JDE for claim completion (inventory adjustments, credits/debits to customers and vendors)
- Identify and report to manager all non-compliant occurrences.
- Identify disputed claims and forward to appropriate parties for resolution.
- Develop productive working relationships with internal/external customers.
- Support development and administration of relevant KPI metrics/reports, including tracking and trending of claim issues, root cause identification and corrective action activity.
- Ensure compliance of the Armada Claim Policies for both internal and external customers.
- Complete tasks associated with the monthly closing in accordance with timelines established by ASCS Shared Services.
- Adhere to finance policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Support the annual year-end audit process with external accountants.
- Assistance with additional assignments and projects as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS (include education, certifications/licenses, experience, language, mathematical, computer, level of reasoning, physical demands and preferences
Education and Experience Requirement
- Associate’s degree or relevant work experience
- 1-2 years Customer Service experience and or 1-2 years accounting experience
- Strong relationship management and communication skills.
- BS or BA degree in business, logistics or supply chain related discipline
- Previous experience, preferably in transportation/warehousing industry, in a role dealing with OS&D and/or Freight claims
- Accounts Receivable experience
- Inventory Accounting experience
Language and Technical Skills requirement
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel required; Access, JDE ERP preferred
- Process oriented with the ability to document and articulate the structure of complex system
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated experiences of individual and team based problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills, including listening, written, oral, and demonstrated group presentation
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is usually performed in an office environment with normal noise levels. Involves prolonged sitting, and computer/phone usage.
To apply, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com.