- Orient ,train or supervise training of all Consultant Pharmacists to effectively fulfill Omnicare’s expectations for Consultant Pharmacists, as described in the January 2011Consultant Pharmacy Services document, including:
- The National Orientation program,
- OSC2OR training and expectations for transmission (synchronization) and documentation through comment characterization, completion of the services summary, and resident reviews,
- Customer service initiatives,
- Clinical programs,
- Clinical resources and web sites,
- Expertise and usage of Omniview with and for clients,
- Fulfillment of requirements in Omnicare’s Air Card Policy,
- Compliance with all Omnicare corporate policies.
- Collaborate the activities of Clinical Manager, State and Consultant Pharmacists if applicable by:
- Providing clear directives for the fulfillment of Omnicare’s clinical mission,
- Making and supervising assignments and measuring/monitoring productivity based on those assignments,
- Fulfilling facility coverage requirement is secured routinely and when unforeseen circumstances occur,
- Recruiting and retaining Consultant Pharmacists,
- Performing annual performance assessments, and
- Monitoring compliance with State and Federal regulatory requirements.
- Optimize patient care and quality goals by:
- Evaluating whether Consultant Pharmacists achieve and maintain competency in all clinical and regulatory programs,
- Providing education and tools necessary to meet optimal patient care requirements,
- Monitoring the implementation plans and measures for each program, and taking action where needed to improve patient care goals,
- Developing and sharing strategies to help improve attainment of optimal patient care and quality goals, and
- Documenting and reporting on progress when requested.
- Optimize therapeutic interchange(s) requiring Consultant Pharmacists’ interventions by:
- Overseeing the implementation of the therapeutic interchange programs,
- Providing education and tools necessary to meet therapeutic interchange requirements of the pharmacy/state/region,
- Monitoring the progress for each therapeutic interchange initiative to attain continuous improvement,
- Developing and sharing strategies to help improve attainment of therapeutic interchange goals, and
- Documenting and reporting on progress when appropriate.
- Assist in recruiting new, and retaining existing business through:
- Presentations to existing or potential customers,
- Implementation and monitoring of customer-specific programs, including those developed for Regional and National Accounts.
- Assist Omnicare operations management and Consultant Pharmacists with customer service initiatives to;
- Ensure effective communication between Consultant Pharmacists and Provider Pharmacy staff, and
- Ensure effective and complete communication of service issues to the Provider Pharmacy.
- Represent Omnicare by:
- Developing effective relationships with local/ regional medical and nurse practitioner leadership,
- Developing relationships with nursing home, director of nursing, and administrator organizations that cultivate a positive working relationship with Omnicare,
- Developing relationships at a local/regional level with representatives of national and regional chain accounts, and
- Advocating on behalf of Omnicare at state and national pharmacy meetings.
- Monitor adherence to Omnicare’s Corporate Compliance Programs, including Supplemental Guidance on Business Conduct of Omnicare Employees with Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology Companies and all other Omnicare standards.
- Assist in the development of state specific policy and procedure requests.
- Other duties as assigned by Omnicare ‘ s Senior leadership
- Responsible for providing employees with timely, candid and constructive feedback; developing employees to their full potential and providing challenging opportunities that enhance employee career growth; developing the appropriate talent pool to ensure adequate bench strength and succession planning; recognizing and rewarding employees for accomplishments.
- Leadership experience
- License to practice pharmacy in VA in good standing
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills
- Certification in Geriatric Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy degree
It’s a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or email@example.com. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.