Virtual IT, the Midwest's fastest growing Technology Managed Services Company is looking for Service Desk/Help Desk Engineers, responsible for providing World Class Technical Service/Support to our clients. This role is responsible for troubleshooting and resolving technical issues remotely for our clients. This position requires the individual to be organized and able to demonstrate a client-centric focus. Primary expectations include the need to be highly responsive, professional and complete in their work at all times. Experience in delivering a broad range of technical expertise to solve customer's IT challenges is absolutely critical. The candidate MUST have 5-7 years of IT experience which includes server, router, switch, desktop, mobile device and Microsoft 365 technical skills.
Primary Job Functions
- Troubleshoot and resolve client issues remotely. Ensure that all issues are treated with urgency.
- Thoroughly update and document all client service requests, including client contact, troubleshooting steps and issue resolution
- Proactively monitor up-time of client networks. Immediately respond to and escalate all client outages
- Support the implementation engineers to setup users, emails and VPN tunnels for new implementations as needed
- Participate in IT operations projects as needed
- Participate in the engineer's on-call rotation
- Responsible for providing World Class Support to all end-users. This includes the need to answer calls live and to resolve issues within 30 minutes. Any issue that cannot be resolved within that timeframe must be escalated
- Work collaboratively with team members/management, to resolve customer requests as needed
- Assist in the field as needed...projects...onsite visits, etc.
- Focus on live call answer.
- Respond to voice mails and emails within the documented SLA's.
- Respond to all outages immediately (follow the documented process)
- Troubleshoot all service requests efficiently, professionally and completely
- Document service requests with all actions performed, when the issue is completed, including the actions and resolution
- An Associate's degree in Computer Science, MIS or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7 years' experience with hands-on technical support of servers, switches, routers, desktops/laptops/mobile devices and software troubleshooting, installation, configuration and upgrades
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in a "team" environment
- 5 years' minimum experience with LAN/WAN network technologies
- Minimum of 5 years experience in providing technical customer problem/resolutions over the phone
Job Type: Full-time
- help desk: 3 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)