Please note: This job is in Novi.Michigan and no relocation is being provided.
Title: Director, Engineering
Reports to: President
Our Director of Engineering is responsible for managing research & development, manufacturing engineering, technical documentation, and project engineering activities. Responsible for all Design Engineering activities related to New Product Introductions, supplier qualification/sourcing and prototyping.
Additionally, our successful candidate will focus the engineering team on developing products that meet the needs of the Customer while keeping productivity, cost, and quality in mind.
This role will require driving a continuous improvement culture, implementing lean manufacturing, and integrating value engineering/DFM concepts into the PLM/Stage Gate process to rapidly bring high-quality products to market.
The successful candidate will be capable of managing multiple complex product development programs and production needs simultaneously in a "hands on" style.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review and approve design and development of new product applications and conduct internal design reviews.
- Oversees a robust project management process and delivery timelines to keep projects on schedule and on budget.
- Develop and maintain processes for the Engineering Team that follow current industry standards (such as PPAP). Ensure that the Engineering Team adheres to these procedures.
- Support all efforts and implementation of ISO9001, maintain all UL listings and compliances.
- Track and develop KPIs for engineering and communicate regularly the status of such items.
- Work effectively with other management level positions to achieve general company objectives.
- Define, solve and implement technical solutions relating to feasibility, development, continuous improvements, product evaluation, and product support.
- Responsible for staff management and development including assigning and directing work, appraising performance, hiring, training and retention, disciplining, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering or related engineering area is required. Advanced technical degree preferred.
- At least 10 years of experience with increasing leadership responsibilities managing several of the responsibilities outlined above is also required.
- A dynamic leadership style that embodies the essential characteristics of creativity and innovation, a "can-do" attitude, integrity, competitiveness, accountability, and teamwork
- Working knowledge of sheet metal design and assembly manufacturing methods, injection molded plastic design and manufacturing techniques.
- Previous experience working in a high mix, low volume vertically integrated facility preferred.
- Working knowledge of UL/ANSI electrical distribution systems, standards and practices, Electrical Utility standards and residential electrical revenue metering.
- Demonstrated experience with lean strategies.
- Proven engineering project management experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and CAD/CAM systems.
- Robust benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability, 401(k) with match, vacation and personal time.
- Very clean manufacturing work environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Please send your resume. Each submission will be reviewed personally!
Job Type: Full-time
- Engineering Management: 10 years
Required work authorization: