Who we are:
Since its founding in 1996, Restaurant Depot has been serving independent foodservice operators, consisting primarily of caterers, pizzerias, restaurants, and delicatessens. Our history actually goes back further, to 1976, when Jetro Cash & Carry, the name under which the company was founded, opened its first warehouse in Brooklyn, NY. Today we're expanding rapidly with over 118 warehouses across the United States and expecting to double in size over the next five years. This expansion is leading to job openings at new Restaurant Depot locations across the country and providing motivated team members with numerous opportunities for advancement. If you're ready for some growth of your own, a career with Restaurant Depot may be exactly what you're looking for.
Supervises Cashiers, Front-End Loaders, Checkers and U-Boat Retrieval.
- Supervises, trains and evaluates cashiers, front-end loaders, checkers and U-boat retrieval.
- Ensures friendly, efficient and professional customer service.
- Ensures compliance with established sales and security policies and procedures.
- Investigates and resolves customer complaints in a timely and professional manner.
- Assists customers with product location and detailed information when needed.
- Plan and prepare work schedules to include lunch and vacation.
- Performs cashier “check-outs” and operates register, when needed.
- Performs Supervisor functions of voids and returns, price adjustments, IOUs (F-6) vs. invoicing and cancels transactions.
- Assists checkers in comparing customer receipts to items on cart to avoid losses.
- Efficiently uses industry specific software to resolve customer inquiries, price checks, inventory queries and price discrepancies.
- Performs other work-related duties as required and assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree, OR
- High School Diploma of GED with at least 4 years experience in customer service or related field, OR
- Any appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and general public
- Ability to calculate figures, and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, mass and volume.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive situations.
- Commitment to company values and strong customer orientation.
- Computer Literacy
- Lift/Carry Abilities (measured for maximum or average load)
- Lift – 50 lbs
- Carry strength (50’ or less) – 50 lbs
- Frequent lift/carry ( > 12x/hour) – 50 lbs
- Constant lift/carry ( > 30x/hr) – 20 lbs
- Physical Aptitudes (rated based on level of skill involved)
- Agility/dynamic balance 80-119%
- Finger dexterity – 80-100%
- Manual dexterity – 80 – 100%
- Posture Tolerance (rated based on frequency or time involved)
- Stand/walk – constantly
- Reach above shoulder level – occasionally
- Twist/turn head – occasionally
- Bend over/stoop – occasionally
- Climb steps/ladder – occasionally
- Kneel/squat - occasionally
- For the most part the ambient will be room temperature, due to proximity of work-station to the exit doors, room temperature may change according to the season and the level of activity at the store.
Please apply at http://www.restaurantdepotcareers.com/
Job Type: Full-time