Schedule: Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Territory: Fairfax, Oakton, Falls Church, Springfield, Burke, and surrounding areas
Currently Offering a $15,000 Sign On Bonus!
HOW YOU'LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
Care and compassion are at the heart of what you'll do as a Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA). You'll be part of an interdisciplinary team that focuses on providing compassionate quality care and producing positive outcomes for your patient population. You'll provide home-based therapy for patients as directed by the attending physician and by following the order sets and goals created by the Physical Therapist. Interacting with patients' families while caring for your patients and experiencing the rewarding privilege to be part of every step of their recovery journey. Home care provides context and real-world perspective about what will really help patients restore their health.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We make it easy to do your job and have competitive financial incentives. On a pay per visit model, the more visits you make, the more you will earn! We pay mileage and have bonus opportunities. Our schedules are flexible, and you'll have the support of a whole team, from scheduling to patient admissions. Our benefits package is also competitive in the market. We provide medical, dental, and vision insurance with flexibility for you to select what works best for you. Eligible teammates will also receive paid time off, opportunity to participate in 401k, company paid life insurance and access to a robust Employee Assistance Program.
HOW YOU'LL WORK:
You'll provide comprehensive skilled services as ordered by the attending physician. You will educate patients and their family members and ensures the safety of the patient. You are accountable for completing accurate documentation and remaining compliant with all legal rules and regulations.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Plan of Care: Provide skilled physical therapy as ordered by the attending physician, observe and monitor patient conditions and notify the Physical Therapist of any changes in the patient’s condition.
- Patient Outcomes: Treats patient to relieve pain, develop or restore function, and maintain maximum performance using physical means, such as, exercise, massage, heat, water, etc.
- Minimize Patient Risk: Assesses functional problems and provides intervention and, in conjunction with the Physical Therapist works toward goals to improve patient functional status.
- Family Educator/Advocate: Counsel patient and family on the disease/injury and how to manage in all phases of physical therapy. Instruct patient and family members on proper use of equipment such as wheelchairs, braces, walkers, crutches, canes, and other prosthetic/orthotic devices
- Policies: Completes all clinical documentation following agency protocol and Medicare/Federal guidelines.
- Rules and Regulations: Understand and follow agency policies, procedures, rules, and regulations and communicate changes in schedule/availability to schedulers or supervisors.
- Operations: Attend in-service training and mandatory agency meetings.
HARD & SOFT SKILLS:
- Compassionate communicator with a positive attitude.
- Patience is a virtue when working with patients, families, physicians, and coworkers.
- Attention to detail is critical, as is being observant and following directions.
- Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) with current license in the state of employment
- Minimum one-year experience as a PTA in an acute care setting. Home care experience preferred. Valid driver's license and auto insurance in your name as a driver
- Capable of all physical demands
We are proud to be part of the Alternate Solutions Health Network family.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Home health: 1 year (Preferred)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
- Licensed Physical Therapy Assistant (Required)
Work Location: On the road