********THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN THE CITY OF DRISCOLL, TX *********
If you respond to this posting you are only expressing an interest and understand that a recruiter may contact you or you can apply to our website by cutting and pasting the following link:
Education: Required -- RN/LVN Nursing License
Experience: Recommended - 5 years' experience as a RN or LVN and 2 years management experience
Supervises: Medical Clinic Staff including; MSS
Summary: The Medical Coordinator uses sound medical and professional judgment and best practices to support the medical, safety and well-being of every child in care while maintaining compliance with established state nursing and licensing regulatory agencies, and federal standards requirements. Must also be knowledgeable of medical care of the children to include, but not limited to well child visits, immunizations, sick child visits, documentation, supply inventory and ordering.
To successfully perform this job, the employee may be expected to perform the following, with or without reasonable accommodations in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990:
Preferred --Graduate from accredited Nursing Program
Preferred - Pediatric nursing experience
- Collect, enter and ensure documentation for medical staff at designated site(s), to ensure all required duties meet or exceed program guidelines and best practices established by State and Federal partners.
- Perform and supervise, on occasion, medical staff to perform clinic duties as directed by RN Manager
- At designated site(s), direct, and train medical staff, and coordinate services, following Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS), Office of Refugee and Resettlement (ORR) and BCFS HSS Medical Services Division established policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Monitor established health care plans for service population at the site(s) within the timeframe established by our State and Federal partners.
- Ensure accurate documentation for designated site(s) in accordance with agency policies and procedures, contract and regulatory requirements and standards and program timeline requirements.
- Assist with process improvement in reviewing, writing and updating medical protocols and procedures in collaboration with Medical Services Division and Residential Services Division Professional Management Team.
- Meet all program and federal partners' documentation and processes requirements.
- Meet and maintain all federal and state regulatory guidelines and standards applicable to this position.
- Provide medical staff with necessary training to ensure competence in assigned position and compliance with all quarterly, bi-annual and annual program training requirements and to RSD staff and service population on medical issues and RSD staff best practices on practices regarding CPR, First Aid, BLS, calling 9-1-1 and controlling contagious disease, quality health care and emergency response preparedness.
- Have extensive knowledge of Portal documentation to be able to decipher, correct and instruct staff on proper documentation methods in accordance with ORR guidelines.
- Validate the completion of all clinic duties relevant to this position in compliance with all ORR guidelines and program protocols via daily audits of Portal documentation consistent with the medical clearance process.
- Validate Portal entries for required facility documentation and reporting to meet BCFS HHS, DFPS and ORR guidelines within the required timeframes.
- Effectively communicate, consult and interact with the RN Manager on policy and procedure issues affecting the quality of health care services on campus.
- Participate in the development of health and medical related protocols and procedures for ORR program.
- Participate in scheduled meetings, team decisions and operations.
- Maintain confidentiality of health care records and information in keeping with HIPAA, Protected Health Information (PHI) requirements and BCFS HHS confidentiality protocol and procedures.
- Know and recognize the signs of abuse, neglect, and exploitation and sexually provocative behavior and implement professional response, reporting and documenting procedures.
- Plan, organize, and prioritize daily work using sound judgment.
- Knowledge of BCFS safety protocols including evacuating with children and other staff in case of an emergency.
- Maintain confidentiality in all areas of the service population and program operations.
- Maintain BCFS HHS professional and ethical standards of conduct outlined in BCFS employee handbook including demonstrating respect for agency staff, children, and community members and complying with required dress code at all times.
Credentials, Skills and Abilities:
- Maintain current licenses and certificates required for the position including, but not limited to: Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
- Good standing as a licensed Registered Nurse with the state of Texas Board of Nursing
- Current BLS certifications, PALS preferred * Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
- Pass a pre-employment and biennial criminal background checks.
- Demonstrate the ability to:
- Respond sensitively and competently to the service population's cultural and socio-economic characteristics
- Work collaboratively with other staff members, service providers, professionals and children
- Communicate effectively in writing and verbally in English
- Work in a fast paced environment while maintaining control and professional composure at all times and making decisions based on the needs of the program and service population
- Maintain computer literacy required to meet the responsibilities of the position
- Work effectively and without intensive supervision both independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Must complete and sign Operations Policy and Procedure review and certification
- Must provide current physical-medical release and provide proof of immunizations, titers or declinations for the following:
- Meningococcal (preferred)
- Must be able to perform physical activity such as extensive walking, lifting of patients, stretching and bending
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Must be able to maintain professional people skills, oral, written, listening, and non-verbal communication skills
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job Type: Full-time
- LVN or RN: 5 years (Preferred)
- management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- RN/LVN Nursing License (Required)
- English and Spanish (Required)