New Job Title: Picker/Packer 2nd Shift, M-F, 3:30pm to 12:00am, Overtime Required
Old Job Title: Order Puller II, Order Puller Cases I, Picker (Full Service), Packer II, Quality/Control Checker, Packer Quality Checker, Packer-Taper II, Packer-Taper II Stacker, Special Operations, StockerDate Evaluated: 6/1/14
Positions Reporting to this job: None
Department: Distribution Centers
Reports to (Title): Lead or Warehouse Supervisor
Essential Function This job consists of one or more duties involving the efficient picking and packing, handling and the timely movement of stock in and out of pack/pick locations. Primary goal is to move product safely with minimal damage while maximizing productivity. Detailed Standard Operating Procedures exist for tasks performed by this job in the following areas: Order Pulling, Packing Orders, Stocking, Special Operations – Deal Breaks & RGA processing. This position represents the intermediate level for this job and one must know and be able to perform all of the duties of a Picker/Packer 1.
- Provide clear, concise statements using action verbs to describe what is done, with or for whom the action is taken and the purpose or outcome to be achieved. Responsibilities should be listed in order of percentage of time spent performing the actual duty.
- May complete the activity of Radio Frequency or paper-based picking which requires the use of different types of equipment to complete this process, including obtaining and transferring product from various locations throughout the distribution center.
- May package and ship products to either the stores or salons and may be required to work within the Hospital QA Lane, Packing Lane, Store Sorting, UPS Line, as well as Wrap Stage and loading.
- May complete the activity of Special Operations which includes tasks such as the deal break process or breaking down product deal packages into their components.
- May be responsible for the RGA process in Special Operations which involves the processing of product returns through the distribution center. Inspects the returned product for piece count and damage and compares it to the accompanying paperwork.
- May stock products/items using different types of equipment to complete the process. May include the “picking and placing” of product from various locations throughout the distribution center.
- Ensures all areas of work are done accurately to ensure optimal customer service.
- Maintains a safe work environment, performs job functions in a safe manner, and reports any potential job hazards to management, including maintaining good housekeeping practices.
- Maintains productivity related to standards based on assigned task.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Indicate the minimum qualifications required to perform the job: work experience (including type of work and number of years required); education (including desired degree and field of study); specify certificate or license requirements.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- At least 2 years in a distribution/warehouse environment or equivalent work experience
- Must know and be able to perform Picker/Packer 1 job
- Basic computer skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with the capability to adjust to change and interruptions
- Ability to work with limited supervision
Competencies / Attributes: Indicate relative “qualitative” or other important aspects that would enhance the ability to perform the job. i.e. detail oriented, customer focused, team player, etc.
- Must be able to maintain neat and accurate records
- Must be skilled in basic arithmetic and have ability to read and interpret orders, product description, and/or numbers in the English language
Nature and Extent of Direct or Indirect Controls Exercised by the Supervisor:
- Task Level High
- Departmental/Division Level High
- Project Level High
- Consultative Level High
The amount of discretion or freedom this position has:
- Strict Adherence to Guidelines
- Interprets and Adapts Guidelines
- Develops and Implements Guidelines
Working Conditions /Physical Requirements: Indicate the normal working environment i.e. office, store, warehouse, etc. as well as any physical requirements required to perform the job duties (lifting requirement, dexterity, etc).
- Repetitively lift cartons weighing 10 to 55 pounds
- Stand/Walk for 6 to 10 hours a day
- Must be able to climb up and down stairs and ladders
- See and read labels on products, product containers and packages
- Must be able to work in temperatures ranging from 25 degrees Fahrenheit to 105 degrees Fahrenheit
- May be exposed to fumes and odors upon occasion
- Visual ability must have accurate depth perception
- Must have adequate hearing to hear warnings from powered vehicles, emergency alarms, and verbal announcements