- Time Management
- Grant Writing
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dental Insurance
- Dependent Care Reimbursement
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
As an organization we are committed to providing care as Patient Centered Medical Home. All employees are required to be aware of the organization’s practice of the NCQA Patient Centered Medical Home and the National Health Disparities’ Improvement Models.
- Responsible for the writing of wide spread development communication vehicles including grants, fund raising and marketing correspondences, proposals, presentations and speeches for the President and CEO.
- A primary focus of this position is to gather information from various departments and coordinate/write grant proposals for government, state, corporate and foundation funds.
- Research and identify potential individual, state, corporate and foundation funding sources.
- Ensure the development, writing and submission of funding proposals and grant applications
- Establish timelines to complete the collection of relevant data/information for proposal content, internal routing and approvals, and submission to funding sources.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of research activities, funding logs and reporting deadlines, grant funding resource materials and publications.
- Monitor program compliance for continuity as related to contract/grant administration.
- Use social media to promote events, awards, and organizational strengths.
- Contribute to department goals by accomplishing related duties as required.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE/ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES:
- 3-5 years’ experience in grant writing and communication development;
- Demonstrated prior experience in grant writing, message development, communications plan development and project planning;
- Demonstrated knowledge of communication practices and techniques, including developing communications for diverse audiences;
- Ability to research potential sources of foundation and grant support from local and national funding sources
- Ability to work on a broad range of communication vehicles, multi-task, meet deadlines under pressure and work independently;
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Self-starter with strong attention to detail and time management skills.
Grant Writer/Communication Specialist benefits:
- Health and Dental coverage on a pre-tax
- Vision is included as part of our medical plan
- Medical and Dependent care reimbursement account
- Short-term disability
- Company paid life insurance and long-term disability
- Generous vacation and sick time
- Flexible schedule (when available)
Job Type: Full-time
- Communication: 2 years (Preferred)
- Grant Writer: 2 years (Required)