Maternal Child Health Program Coordinator

UnitedHealth Group - Omaha, NE

Full-time | Contract | Custom_1
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)

The Maternal Child Health Program Coordinator (MCH-PC) has strategic oversight, cross-functional management and responsibility for the delivery of quality and affordability results for the Health Plan’s maternal child health program known as Healthy First Steps (HFS). It is ultimately the responsibility of the MCH-PC to manage the maternal child health activities and ensure compliance, quality, health outcomes and medical expense objectives for the Health Plan are achieved. Program Oversight responsibilities make up about 25% of this position with the other 75% focus on clinical responsibilities and engagement with our members.

If you are located in or near Omaha or Lincoln, NE, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.

Primary Responsibilities:
Developing strategic relationships with community based organizations that provide maternal and/or child health related services to Medicaid populations
Manage highly complex members as part of an inter-disciplinary care team approach in collaboration with Care Coordinators (CCs), Community Health Workers (CHWs), OB providers, behavioral health providers, etc.
Assist in identification of pregnant women and children including those with special health care needs and access / linkages to appropriate care and ensure effective transitions of care occur and referrals to community-based services and resources are addressed
Promote preventive care and family planning services through various communication mediums and events
Complete and maintain data analysis and reporting on the MCH program
Identify and implement population health strategies (e.g. inter-conception care, chronic condition management, smoking cessation, safe sleep for infants, breast feeding advantages, substance use avoidance, etc.)
Monitoring, measuring and managing performance against state compliance, quality and affordability goals and developing innovative approaches to improve engagement
Understanding contractual and NCQA requirements and ensuring cross-functional staff are educated on, and follow them
Designing and leading quality improvement projects related to maternal child health
Ensuring all components of the program, delivered by the ACO Transformation Consultants, Quality CPCs, Call Center Advocates, Optum CHWs and external providers and community-based organizations tie together into a comprehensive and seamless member experience

Required Qualifications:
Current and unrestricted RN License in Nebraska
2+ years Maternal and/or Pediatric clinical experience
1+ years care management and/or utilization management experience
1+ years’ experience working in Medicaid
2+ years of proven leadership abilities (e.g., Review work of others, Serve as an expert in their field, Serve as a mentor and leader, Lead functional or segment teams or projects, Motivate and inspire team members)
Clinical program development and/or program oversight experience
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
Intra-state travel up to 50%

Preferred Qualifications:
Advanced degree (BSN, MSN, MPH)
Community and/or Public Health experience
Management experience
Excellent Communication and Writing skills
Bilingual skills
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM

  • All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.

UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.