RR Donnelley's Global Outsourcing division has an immediate opening for an HR Generalist 2. The HRG 2 provides support and maintenance of RR Donnelley's Human Resource activities related to assigned employees/locations. The HRG 2 will ensure effective employee relations, compensation, staffing, organizational development, training, safety and change management strategies while fostering employee involvement at all levels.
Work is typically performed under minimal daily supervision, receiving guidance from manager/supervisor about the work that needs to be completed. Able to exercise high level of discretion and latitude in completing tasks.
Responsible for guidance to all employees to insure consistent adherence to HR policies, procedures, and practices.
Responsible for pro-active employee relations, communication support, and internal management consultation as they related to the Human Resource function
Effectively support and foster the company's Open Door Policy
Assist in the development and implementation of all Strategic HR management programs (i.e. employee involvement, hiring, promotional practices, wages structures, and proactive employee relations)
Assist in managing Worker's Compensation Insurance issues, including making recommendations to facilitate the timely closing of claims.
Coordinate, facilitate and/or assist in all training activities within the facility (i.e. safety compliance, orientation programs and job knowledge)
Effective counseling and coaching skills in areas of performance and behavioral problems, conflict resolution and career development with the ability to communicate with all levels of employees effectively.
Provide prompt and accurate guidance to employees regarding all benefit programs including timely orientation programs.
Maintain all personnel records in accordance with EEO, privacy, and related requirements. Advise management teams regarding prompt and accurate completion of all status changes and in assuring prompt and accurate updated information in the HRIS system.
Promote working together with all departments to build continual improvement within the company.
Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1) Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 3-5 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
2) Able to demonstrates ability to solve somewhat more complex problems by analyzing variables and applying appropriate solutions learned through experience and proficiency in understanding the job. Must be able to recognize anomalies and critical situations and respond appropriately.
3) Must be able to communicate and interact with a variety of internal/external customers and/or co-workers at level of detail required to resolve issues of moderate complexity.
4) Able to apply strong functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC, or other technical tools in completing assignments. May require knowledge of or ability to quickly learn specialized software to complete work assignments.
5) Able to demonstrate continued expertise in the primary tools or applications used in completing daily work assignments.
6) Requires very good communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand.
7) Must be able to proactively listen to others to understand issues and situations. Must be able to clearly articulate business needs to both internal and external customers.
8) Broad knowledge of general employment laws, recruitment, EEO/AAP, safety training and policy development.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer