**Only applicants that currently work at Avera McKennan in CDI are eligible to apply
JOB SUMMARY: The CDI Educator/Auditor provides 1:1 and classroom clinical documentation and coding education to CDI Specialists, individual providers, clinics, Service Lines, and other executive leadership and is the subject matter expert for clinical documentation. Conducts quality reviews/audits on all CDIS staff to validate appropriate query activities, assigned diagnostic and procedure codes and DRG assignments and follow up education to the CDI staff to ensure appropriate performance levels. Responsible for the development of audit tools and education plans for the CDI department staff. Participates in process improvement activities that are impacted by documentation and demonstrates excellence in communication skills and interpersonal relations with multiple interdisciplinary teams.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Graduate from a CCNE or NLN accredited nursing program is strongly preferred. Graduate from an approved nursing program is acceptable.
· Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred.
· Two to five years of experience in clinical documentation improvement in an inpatient setting is required.
· Four years recent experience in acute hospital setting preferred. Strong clinical background and ability to engage CDI staff and coders one-on-one or in a group setting.
· Clinical knowledge with training in pathophysiology. Demonstrate skills in clinical terminology, coding and DRG classification systems, and healthcare regulations, management of contracts including reimbursement and documentation requirements.
· In-depth knowledge of 3M coding software, AHIMA Practice Briefs, Official Coding Guidelines, ACDIS standards and Coding Clinics. Ability to apply coding conventions, official guidelines, and Coding Clinic advice to health record documentation required.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
· Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of South Dakota and/or meeting the requirements of Multi-state licensure is required.
· Membership in ACDIS required.
· Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist (CCDS) from the Association of Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists (ACDIS) required. If not certified, will be required to obtain certification within three years of employment.