Frontier Management is seeking an outstanding Dietary Aide to join the Vineyard Heights Assisted Living & Retirement Cottagescommunity located in McMinnville, Oregon.
At Frontier Management, we strive to bring new and innovative programs and services to our residents. We challenge our teams to elevate every aspect of Senior Living and highlight what we call "Frontier Culture." Success in doing so has positively impacted our growth, allowing Frontier to reach new heights. We are proud to be ranked #20 among the nation's Top 50 Largest U.S. Seniors Housing Operators by American Seniors Housing Association.
Dietary Aides are responsible for the delivery of services provided by the Food Service Department. Coordinates and communicates with all food services and other team members in maintaining a holistic perspective of care and services for each resident. Assists Dining Services team in preparation, presentation of highest quality meals and service, and to perform duties as required for the smooth operation of the Dining Services Department.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- As directed, performs all dietary services mentioned in the Resident Handbook and Care Plan
- Supports food services programs that will stimulate and maximize the unique interests and attributes for each resident
- Promptly resolves any potential food services and care coordination problems with all involved team members and team leaders
- Under the direction of the supervisor assists all food service personnel in whatever manner necessary to properly serve the residents. Fills drinking glasses as needed. Sets and resets all tables in the dining room as needed
- Monitors: salad bar, beverage and service stations. Refills whatever is needed as directed
- Helps the cook with serving all meals. Assists in cleaning dining room tables and dining area if necessary upon request by the supervisor
- Washes all utensils, chinaware, eating silverware and glassware for reset of the dining area. Washes and dries coffee pots and cleans coffee urn to include the beverage bar and additional areas as assigned
- Cleans up entire dish room, including washing floor mats, draining and cleaning dishwasher and shining stainless steel. Cleans and organizes janitor's closet. Sweeps and mops dish room and kitchen floors, storage areas, the employee break room and delivery entrance as scheduled or requested by management. Vacuums dining room floor as needed.
- Delivers room service trays as instructed.
- Presents a professional demeanor that communicates to current and prospective residents the corporate philosophy of service, goodwill, and genuine interest in the resident’s unique needs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Push, pull, lift at least 30 pounds. Frequent transporting of residents in a wheelchair.
- Must be able to stand, walk, stoop, bend for periods of up to eight hours with breaks as provided for in the employee handbook.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written; English language skills adequate to allow communication with residents and staff, and to understand written and verbal instructions.
- Has familiarity and willingness to work with the elderly population.
- Must be able to routinely follow written and verbal instructions
Frontier Management offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a work environment that encourages initiative and fosters respect. To discover more about the Frontier Management team, please visit our site at www.frontiermgmt.com
For consideration, email your cover letter, resume and salary expectations. Additionally, all applicants must complete the online employment application and subsequent questionnaire at https://frontiermgmt.com/careers.asp
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Drug-Free Workplace
Job Type: Full-time