Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Achieve the physical, mental and social well being of the client within Agency policy. Supports utilization of medical resources through application of clinical expertise. Monitors clinical, functional and financial outcomes. Assumes responsibility for the ongoing interdisciplinary assessment and development of the individualized plan of care in partnership with the patient, representative (if any) and caregiver. Communicates with the physician who is responsible for the home health plan of care and other health care practitioners as appropriate related to the current home health plan of care.
1. Assessment of physical, emotional, socio-economic needs and environmental needs of patients and their families.
2. Provides services that are ordered by the physician as indicated in the plan of care. Communicates with all physicians involved in the plan of care and other health care practitioners as appropriate.
3. Develops, implements and evaluates the plan of care in partnership with the patient, representative (if any), caregiver and physician(s).
4. Coordinates services with the patient, family and others involved in the care plan. Provides patient, caregiver, family counseling and education.
5. Regular evaluation of patient progress, prompt action when change in patient's condition is noted or reported, and termination of care when goals of management are attained, or when termination of case is required according to Agency policy.
6. Participates in the agency quality assurance and performance improvement prora, and the agency-sponsored inserice training.
7. Identification of patient and family needs for other home health services and referral for same, when appropriate when appropriate.
8. Responsibility for supervisor of the services rendered to the patient and family by the homemaker/home health aide, according to State and Federal guidelines and Joint Commission standards, and submission of periodic evaluation of such to the Home Health Aide Supervisor.
9. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position including preparing clinical notes and attending in-sevrice training.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
RN diploma with over 3 years job related experience will be considered in lieu of Associates Degree. Requires strong research skills, clear and concise interpersonal communication skills. Knowledge of systems integration.
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing; Experienced in qualified home health agency.
Danbury-100 Saw Mill Road
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
- Little or no potential for occupational risk
- Extremely heavy effort. May exert > 125 lbs. of force
- Generally pleasant working conditions.
Nuvance Health and its affiliates are Section 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations and therefore eligible employees may qualify for forgiveness of certain federal student loans under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.