Applies the principles of accounting within an assigned area of accounting. Must possess an understanding of and follow cash handling controls. Complies with the financial policies of the Arboretum. Contributes to team effort.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
·Accurately tracks and reconciles daily credit card charges and pending memberships.
·Tracks and orders all office supplies.
·Tracks and orders all printing supplies, including ‘comp’ ticket requests, letterhead, envelopes, etc.
·Processes requests for certificates of insurance as needed.
·Data enter pledges, contributions, memberships, and other revenue transactions through Razor’s Edge and CounterPoint
·Assists with general ledger reconciliations as requested.
·Assists with reconciliations of pledge receivables and deferred contributions,
·Provide administrative support for the accounting department including filing, sorting mail, calling for IT service and other related work as needed.
·Supports accounting department during festivals with similar job duties that may not be assigned in the normal course of workflow.
·Perform receptionist support to the front desk as needed during the week.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two or more years as an accounting clerk, data processing clerk or other related experience preferred
- Working knowledge of basic bookkeeping principles and practices.
- Intermediate computer skills/ability to accurately operate a ten-key by touch; ability to make arithmetic calculations with speed and accuracy.
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Excel and Word required
- Working knowledge of Financial Edge and Razor’s Edge a plus
- Work flexible hours, including mornings, afternoons and nights/weekends as needed
- Sit for extended periods and perform repetitive data entry/telephone/filing or office functions as needed; extensive walking may be required during special event weekends.
·Manage multiple tasks with great attention to detail and accuracy
·Personable; responsive; customer-service oriented
·Ability to interact positively and pro-actively with staff regarding supply orders and other accounting guideline compliance.
Submit resume to: email@example.com