As the Network Engineer, you will be responsible for the planning, preparation, design, implementation, capacity planning, and tier 3 support for all DEA IT managed unclassified networks. The selected candidate will be one of 3 cloud administrators and the sole administrator for all network (Cisco ACI), compute (Cisco UCS), virtualization (VMWare), and the broker (UCS Director). Responsibilities are as follows
- Design, test, and implementation of a new data center network for the DEA's primary data center. This included an audit of the existing infrastructure, requirements gathering through interviews and the audit, vendor selection, lab testing, training the operations staff, creating the bill of materials, installing the equipment, scheduling and performing outage windows to implement the network, and tier 3 support once it became production. I cannot go into details about the network for security reasons but it is a multi-vendor solution that provides DEA with a base infrastructure to begin moving to a cloud architecture.
- The design, test, and implementation of the Next Generation Network for all DEA offices which includes wired and wireless LANs, network access compliance security (NAC), user identity, routing, and firewalls.
- The design and implementation of a disaster recovery site for DEA's primary data center.
- The design and implementation of modernizing the primary data center to include rack layouts, environmental conditions, and the cable plant. The design and implementation of a virtual network connection between the DEA HQ building and the primary data center to support the DEA lab and development networks. This solution saved the DEA money and resolved a critical issue with supporting software engineering efforts.
- The design and implementation of a DMZ for services requiring internal and external access.
- The design and implementation of both HP and Cisco blade server systems.
- Provide engineering and operations support for data centers, campus networks, and DMVPN WAN for all routing, switching and wireless.
Provide engineering and operations support for network software loaded on client workstations for VPN and network optimization, data center services to include server load balancing and WAN optimization, and network access security to include 802.1x and client posture assessment
Job Types: Full-time, Contract