The Kelly Clarkson Show is hiring a Preditor who will be a part of our creative and exciting digital team. This job is multi-platform and requires someone who has equal skill as a writer and journalist and video editor. The ideal candidate will be someone with a journalistic background, who has an eye for selecting clips of the show, can write clean copy independently, has a good handle on website CMS, is an expert at photoshop, loves pop culture, and can balance a wide variety of tasks without issue.
This job entails creating content for The Kelly Clarkson Show website and YouTube channels. The role is two part: for The Kelly Clarkson Show website, the editor will write copy for the website, including biographies for celebrities and guests of the show, scheduling and publishing show listings, creating daily content for the show website, and selecting and editing photos in a variety of formats for the show’s photo libraries. Copy-editing, photo-editing and using the website CMS will be part of daily duties.
The second part of the role is focused on selecting clips for the show’s website and YouTube channel. The job will require the editor to watch the show, select headline-worthy and the most shareable clips of the show, and edit them in Premiere, and schedule them on YouTube website. A. strong sense of news judgement, what will perform on YouTube and the ability to select Ins and Outs, as well as cut the videos will be required.
The role does require strong familiarity with publishing content on websites and also on platforms like YouTube. The ideal candidate has prior experience performing the above skills, likes being a part of a fast-paced team, can work under tight deadlines, is extremely organized, and is open to later hours as the show tapes into the evening.
Write all website copy including:
short biographies, listings, headlines, descriptions
Copy edit and fact check copy flawlessly, with little to no need for Supervising Digital Producer revisions.
Select daily clips from The Kelly Clarkson Show broadcast, based on what will resonate with the digital audience, what is be most likely to be shared, what will get picked up in the press
Clip and edit the show clips for publish on YouTube and The Kelly Clarkson Show website
Schedule content across platforms:
mobile, digital and syndicated
Responsible for overall syndication of content:
from short form to long form on variety of platforms, including YouTube, website, NBC.com, Peacock
Make episode selects for images from the broadcast, edit photos in various formats for syndication, mobile and digital platforms.
QA every single piece of copy or clips for errors prior to it getting to the Supervising Digital Producer. Copy and assets should be without error.
Edit with ease in Adobe Premiere, AfterEffects or AVID
Take assignments from the Supervising Digital Producer daily
Create an organized calendar and monitor repeats, new episodes and upcoming goals for the brand
Work with affiliate relations, PR teams, photo team, and digital team daily
- BA or BS from a four-year accredited college or university or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience creating content for digital platforms
- Working experience with the Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects.)
- Working experience with AVID
- Excellent writing skills
- Extreme attention to detail and fact-checking
- Strong copy-editing skills, ability to self-edit your own work
- Strong ability to watch a broadcast and pick out what will resonate with fans online
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines
- Social media-savvy with familiarity of how to post social content
- Ability to shoot footage on DSLR camera
- Willingness to be an individual contributor while working within a team environment and contribute to the overall brand’s growth and success
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
- Willingness to work overtime and on weekends with short notice
- Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
- Must have work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Must have ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings due to news cycles and breaking news, the role begins after show wraps
- Ability to juggling many tasks daily and monthly
- Ability to adapt as new elements of the role arise
- Ability to understand that the role’s responsibility as is are very big and require utmost details and demonstrate ownership over individual work
- Be a team player, contribute to broader team initiatives
- Strong understanding of digital trends, pop culture and what will resonate with fans online
NBC Ent First Run Syndication
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.