Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Director, Manager, Supervisor
TOTAL NUMBER OF FTE's DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY SUPERVISED:
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To provide support for all aspects of customer service for an assigned function and for an assigned department(s)/division(s)of a Medical Center dedicated to the care of infants, children and adolescents.
Act in manner that maintains confidentiality, protects and safeguards patient/family personal medical and financial information at all times during collection, use and storage. Access only information and records necessary to perform the responsibilities of your position.
- Customer Service
- Provides assistance and services to patients, families, staff and external agencies in the completion of patient registration, admission and scheduling. - Investigates and resolves customer requests, questions or problems. - Receives telephone calls from customers inquiring about services or having problems. - Talks to the customer to learn questions and sources of problems. - Answers questions, applying knowledge of the assigned function and of CCHMC's policies and procedures. - Determines cause of problems; talks with coworkers to research problems and find a solution.
- Systems Support and Data Entry
- Ensures that the necessary data, information and forms are obtained and entered into the appropriate system. - Talks to management to explain system errors or to recommend changes to the system. - Maintain and/or troubleshoot systems. Recommend modifications as necessary. - Utilize system data to provide summary reporting.
- Problem Solving
Contacts outside representatives to request information or assistance in resolving problems.
- Act as a Department Resource
- Serve as a resource to coworkers, management, other departments and community contacts. - Assist in the development and presentation of departmental training. - Assist in the training of new employees. - Perform specialty services functions. - Provide instruction for and perform non-routine functions. - May give work direction to others. - Perform special projects. - Provide input to developing policies and procedures.
Skills & Competencies
Understanding and showing respect and appreciation for the uniqueness of all individuals; leveraging differences in others' perspectives and ideas; appreciating cultural differences and adjusting one's approach to successfully integrate with others who are different from oneself
- Computer Proficiency - Basic
Working knowledge of basic computer applications
Meticulously keeping track of details without becoming overwhelmed by them; being exacting, precise, and accurate; spotting minor imperfections or errors and taking action to correct them
- Independence and Teamwork
Ability to work autonomously, with independent judgment, as well as in a collaborative team environment.
Prioritization and time-management skills sufficient to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Excellent verbal, written and/or interpersonal communication skills
Knowledge of diagnosis codes and billing functions may be required for some positions. Keyboarding skills and typing of 30 wpm may be required. Working knowledge of standard office equipment and medical terminology preferred.
- High School Graduate OR equivalent
- 5 years related experience
Experience working in a fast paced environment.
Experience with surgery scheduling and coordination of complex medical evaluations.
Strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask.