- Provide support for Project teams across various projects.
- Provide superior client service.
- Contribute to the growth of the company.
- Enhance own professional and personal skills.
1. Support project managers on large complex projects and assignments.
2. Proactively manage project-related issues on account or assignment.
3. Demonstrating a proactive focus on meeting client and project requirements in a timely and cost effective manner.
4. Demonstrate proficiency in the use and application of all PDS technology as required for assigned projects including OneView, Clarify, 360 Facility.
5. Comply with all Jones Lang LaSalle policies and procedures, including but not limited to ethics and business practice.
6. Support small project requests (work orders) from inception to completion.
7. Support assist project managers with various administration tasks including but limited creating spreadsheets, processing forms, and entering information into various computer tools.
Associate or Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution in Accounting, Business, Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management strongly preferred
1-2 years of practical experience in a project administration / accounting position required
Experience in construction management or real estate preferred
Highly organized with strong analytical skills
Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with all levels of internal clients
Organizational skills with the ability to identify and manage priorities
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to multi-task and work both in a team and independently
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
JLL Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf .