NBC Universal has an exciting opportunity for a talented individual to become the Manager of Technical Operations and Media Systems for Telemundo, reporting to the Vice President of Technical Operations. Technical Operations supports enterprise Broadcast and Production systems across the NBCU television portfolio.
The Manager of Media Systems will manage the administration, workflows, and day-to-day operations of our media systems and media archive. Leading a Multidisciplinary user-facing team of media operations personnel aiming to maximize the usage of our media management systems to streamline, increase productivity, designing optimal integrations, and designing solutions to business challenges across our media supply chain to deliver business value. Interfacing with teams that work with our media from acquisitions, studios, control rooms, post-production, promotions, digital, to outbound distribution of content from Telemundo Center in Miami, FL – including Telemundo Network News and Sports as well as scripted entertainment properties.
Team leadership, focused on building a strong media systems team, provide regular employee feedback and performance reviews. Identify training needs and cross-training opportunities between team members.
Operations support develop support standards and procedures, preventative maintenance schedules, systems for issue tracking and reporting. Take ultimate responsibility for the reliability and stability of media systems and media workflows at Telemundo Center.
Projects cross team collaboration with O&T leadership and Telemundo business partners to design solutions to address media supply chain demands. Develop conceptual designs and technology architecture vision, assign project work to team members with clear direction. Engage as needed with relevant projects at other NBCUniversal sites throughout the organization
Systems Management, serving as the operational owner of media management systems and infrastructure including related servers, storage, networking, and monitoring systems
Business owner/product ownership of change control regime, to ensure minimal impact on business and media operations with regard to of all media systems; coordinating outages and change windows for deployments, upgrades and other system-related installs.
Liaise with other internal teams such as Engineering, Operations and IT, to ensure proper implementation, availability and operation of media management systems.
Develop and execute training solutions for other staff on systems and workflows while contributing learnings to ongoing improvement
Develop and maintain documentation for all procedures related to common administrative tasks, changes and infrastructure; establish documentation procedures for all technical operations staff to follow.
Perform other duties that contribute to the organization and that leverage the capabilities and skills of candidate as assigned by management.
- Proven leadership skills provide clear direction to team. Confidence to make decisions but be prepared to pivot or change course when appropriate.
- Strong collaboration and technical communication, great customer service skills and unfailing professionalism. Demonstrate impeccable written and verbal communication and presentation skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Self-organized with significant attention to detail and procedures
- Ability to prioritize and address multiple tasks and projects in a dynamic work environment
- Demonstrate significant and strong interpersonal and written communications skills
- Experience with video production and post-production technologies and workflows preferred, with knowledge of Avid editing systems a plus
- Experience working with software development teams preferred
- Experience with enterprise-level Media Asset Management or Digital Asset Management systems, ideally with Blue Order or Avid Interplay MAM and Interplay PAM
- Knowledge of key components involved in storage systems including SAN, NAS and archive Systems (LTO). Some experience with Isilon, and FrontPorch preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of networking and protocols such as TCP and UDP, along with some knowledge of routers and firewall management
- Experience working with virtualization technologies
- Telemundo Enterprises is a 24x7 media company, work periods may include day, night, weekend and holiday hours. Candidate must be flexible and willing to work all schedules as needed
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Broadcasting, MIS, Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Technology, Computer Science or related physical sciences. Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of recent experience with a broadcaster or broadcast industry solutions provider
- 2+ years of management experience, including performance evaluation, hiring and disciplinary action
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States Business Segment Telemundo Enterprises
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.