Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Unmanned Systems business area. Visit TextronSystems.com & Lycoming.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!
About This Role
We believe people should love what they do – in this role, you will be responsible for:
- Examining work environments for various physical, chemical, biological, and environmental hazards and stresses and make recommendations for improvements to process and equipment.
- Providing technical expertise and assistance in the design of process/machinery protective equipment and redesign equipment to eliminate and reduce health and safety hazards as needed.
- Assisting in the investigation of health and safety complaints and incidents.
- Interpreting OSHA and environmental standards and regulations and maintain cooperative relationships with OSHA, OSHA-approved State Plans, EPA, and state environmental agencies.
- Conducting and facilitating internal EHS audits to practice and drive compliance and continuous improvement and support 3rd party audits.
- Analyzing proposed and final regulations for impacts to manufacturing operations that could require substantial capital expenditures or compliance challenges.
- Submitting monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, or annual reports to federal, state, local and corporate offices as required.
- Developing, implementing, and evaluating health and safety training courses and drills for supervisors and employees as needed.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Engineering, Safety Engineering, Occupational Safety or related field
- Experience: 3 or more years of Environmental Health & Safety experience required (preferably in a manufacturing or comparable-risk environment).
- Software Knowledge: Microsoft Office Applications
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements and Federal/State regulations and Familiarity with World Class Safety
This position reports to the EHS Manager and may require travel up to 20%.
How We Care
At Textron Systems, our talented people make us successful. We promote an inclusive environment where we value individuality, differences, and unique perspectives.
Our Company is committed to offering employees opportunities to grow and develop. Our benefits and compensation packages are designed to help our talented employees excel and achieve their goals, so they can make a difference every day in and outside of the workplace. Below are just a few examples!
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Education Assistance
- Career Development & Training Opportunities
- Wellness Program (including Fitness Reimbursement)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401(K) with Company Funding
- Paid Parental Leave
Are you a Military Veteran?
Textron's products and services are trusted everyday by those who protect our country. We are dedicated to hiring these Veterans and aim to translate their skills to make an impact on our Company.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement