152 S. Mt. Zion Road, Lebanon, Indiana, 46052
Weston Foods is a leading North American bakery company with a specialized focus across all key bakery categories, including breads and rolls, donuts, pies, cakes, alternatives breads, and others. We bake our products in more than 40 facilities across Canada and the USA, conducting our business with integrity, contributing to our communities, and fostering a respectful culture. We are building a culture of success here, and it depends on our people striving for greatness and having the courage and commitment to getting better every day.
As we forge ahead in the transformation of our business, we are coming together as a united North American enterprise, rebuilding our asset base, adding significant new capacity, and focusing on the development of our people. These building blocks are essential to moving forward as a growth-focused, insights-driven, consumer-led company that will celebrate food and the central part that food plays in our life.
This role will be working in our Lebanon, IN cake plant which produces 1000 cupcakes per minute and 5M lbs. of cake per month! This is one of our newest plants, built in 2015 and employs 275 non-union team members. This state of the art facility is 188k sq. ft., operates with 3 highly automated production lines and possess a strong team oriented culture.
The Production Manager is a motivating leader that ensures production processes are operating in a safe, efficient, and effective manner while striving for continuous process improvements to achieve quality level production to meet customers’ needs. The role is responsible for coordinating a team of production supervisors and personnel and resolving production scheduling issues to minimize interruptions.
- Manage Production Supervisors’ shift schedules and arranges relief in the event of absences and arrange adjustments in production to minimize down time
- Organize production activities and coordinate work of all assigned plant personnel in a timely, safe, and cost-effective manner to ensure internal and external customer needs are met
- Track key indicators of the production team’s performance including safety, efficiency, waste, downtime, labor costs, and industrial accidents and ensure expectations are met or exceeded
- Ensure GMP compliance and safety standards are communicated through training and communication initiatives
- Take appropriate actions to investigate safety concerns to maintain a safe and secure work environment for all employees
- Conduct regular inspections to ensure machinery and equipment is well maintained and running safely according to specifications
- Ensure the plant meets all government, customer and third party audit requirements and take corrective actions according to the audit results as appropriate
- Build a strong team by communicating performance expectations; monitoring and appraising performance; providing support, coaching, training, and disciplining and enforcing corporate policies and procedures to Production Supervisors and team members as needed
- Develop and communicate internal procedures for sanitation and work with Production Supervisors to ensure successful implementation
- Continuously improve operations to maximize profit and minimize cost
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years manufacturing supervisory experience.
- Knowledge and familiarity with automated manufacturing process/packaging technology is an asset
- Knowledge of GMP and industry standards is an asset
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, and communication skills to prioritize workload and delegate responsibilities as needed
- A decisive leader with strong interpersonal skills and is adept at leading and motivating
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Weston offers employment regardless of race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetics or sexual orientation. Diversity is integral to our success as an organization and we will use diversity as a model to help identify and develop the best talent, create effective teams, and achieve overall excellence.
Number of openings:
If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.