Junior Web Designer
About Protect America: Protect America is one of the nation’s top home security companies. Since 1992, we have provided over 500,000 homes and families with award-winning security — 24/7 monitoring, simple DIY setup, and the lowest rates in the industry sets us apart. We are committed to creating an exceptional experience by providing every home with innovative, dependable, and affordable security solutions. We are headquartered in Austin, Texas.
Why join Protect America?
- We are committed to protecting homes and families. You’ll be doing work that makes a real difference in people's lives.
- Our digital channel moves fast and your work will be seen by thousands daily. We are constantly updating and evolving our brand, our website, and our marketing. You’ll never have a shortage of great projects in which to get involved.
- We’re a great place to work, with a unique culture and small company feel. We value passion, innovation, relevancy, generosity, respect, teamwork, and performance.
- Flexible work schedule and fun working environment with monthly team outings
- Medical, PTO, and 401k matching
Who we want: We’re looking for a junior interactive designer to join our in-house marketing team, where you’ll be surrounded by other amazing designers and creative types. We want someone that’s nice to people, works hard, and doesn’t settle for “good enough.” We’re into pixel perfect design that’s delivered on time and sticks to naming conventions. We’re also into people who aren’t afraid to ask for help when it’s needed. This is the place to hone your skills and work on projects that are as big as your entire imagination can handle. So send us your stuff.
- Active collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team on conceptualization, design, and delivery of digital marketing campaigns, including but not limited to landing pages, emails, banners, complex forms, and larger scale, complex web projects.
- Digging deep - we expect everyone to research and bring their own ideas and solutions to the table. You will be expected to follow design/dev blogs, keep up with trends, and be self-motivated.
- Assisting with occasional banner ads, icons, and print collateral
- Creating responsive / mobile-optimized landing pages using HTML, CSS, JS
- An online portfolio is required
- 1-2 years knowledge and experience in user interface design / web design
- Strong conceptual ability and visual communication skills
- Ability to use common design software
- Understanding of HTML & CSS
- Fondness for typography and page layout
- Must be able to work within deadlines and communicate with Creative Director and marketing team
- This is an in-house position - you must be able to commute to the office
Job Type: Full-time
- Web Design: 1 year (Preferred)
- HTML: 1 year (Preferred)