KG Investment Properties is a regional commercial real estate firm with locations in Washington, Oregon and Northern California with over 13 million square feet under management. We are seeking a highly organized, friendly and technically savvy Building Engineer.
The candidate would be responsible to perform the day to day maintenance of a Class A office tower in downtown Bellevue, Washington, including responding to daily maintenance requests from the building tenants. Responsibilities would also include assuring the properties are operated safely and efficiently, and all scheduled preventative maintenance functions are completed fully and in a timely manner. This position requires being on-call for after-hour emergencies.
We are looking for an energetic, motivated individual that has the following qualifications with a desire to grow with the company.
Job responsibilities include:
- Respond quickly and professionally to tenant requests for property management services. Maintain a professional and courteous attitude toward tenants at all times.
- Coordinate and oversee all vendor service contracts including, but not limited to, janitorial, security, landscape maintenance, elevators, mechanical, fire/life/safety, plumbing and electrical systems, window washing and exterior cleaning.
- Oversee and implement fire/life/safety programs established at the properties in accordance with local codes.
- Understand and implement all emergency procedures and instruct the buildings’ tenants of these procedures.
- Assist in coordination of all security systems, including programming of access codes, keys or other systems in place to assure total property security.
- Understand and coordinate move-in and move-out of tenants at the properties. Provide access to the properties for vendors and contractors related to move-in or move-out activities.
- Understand the process of developing and implementing a preventative maintenance program in accordance with the operating budget.
- Understand terms of all applicable maintenance agreements and solicit, obtain and analyze bids for maintenance work.
- Assist property management team with special projects as directed.
- Assist property management team with supervision of contractors in performance of tenant improvement and capital improvement projects.R
- Responsible for understanding and implementing work outlined in the expense portion of operating budget.
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair basic mechanical, electrical and fire and life safety systems and equipment.
- Minimum of two years experience in property maintenance, or equivalent industry training. Relevant certification is encouraged.
- Ability to effectively utilize current technology, including work order software, computer programs and equipment.
- Ability to successfully perform multiple tasks, with frequent interruptions, and to re-prioritize work on a regular basis, along with the flexibility to respond to changing needs and requests.
- Knowledge of current energy efficiency standards.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills. Professional attitude and appearance.
- Excellent organizational talent with great attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- General math knowledge.
- General construction knowledge, including the ability to read property boundary surveys and as-built drawings.
- Ability to meet deadlines with little or no supervision.
- Ability to drive company vehicle. Clean driving record required.
KG Investment Properties is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
- Building Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly