Muse Paintbar has several locations across the Northeast, and we are continuing to expand to Maryland and Virginia this Spring/Summer! We combine acrylic painting instruction with a beer/wine bar & small restaurant. We host 2.5-hour nightly events, as well as up to a dozen private parties weekly, during which patrons will receive step-by-step instruction on a particular painting while socializing in a vibrant yet relaxing wine bar atmosphere. Check us out at www.MusePaintbar.com.
This is a new role within the company, but there will be support from peers (e.g., inbound party planners) and above (director of sales and company president). You will be responsible for generating new business leads for private parties and then converting those leads into sales. Your days would be spent i) contacting new leads (e.g., emailing, sending LinkedIn messages, cold-calling) to various leads (corporate event planners, alumni associations, student groups/sororities, meetup groups, networking associations, etc.) and ii) following up with leads to convert them into sales (most important!).
You'll be provided with various tools/resources—e.g., a premium LinkedIn membership, contact lists, and Salesforce. We're also open to additional suggestions! All leads would be kept in Salesforce, and followed up on right away.
You would be the first line of contact with all potential new customers, so it’s important to be on-brand (e.g., fun & energetic), professional, and articulate (in oral and written communication).
The location of this role is very flexible; you can work from home if you have a consistently quiet environment (no barking, crying, car horns!) or you can work from one of our offices in NYC (HQ), Boston, DC. While it’s not a firm requirement to work 9-5 every weekday, that’s when large % of the leads will be working (event planners, etc.), so something close to that likely makes the most sense in order to optimize productivity.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
* 2+ years of full-time work experience in sales
* A good part of that experience should include outbound lead generation
* Someone who is comfortable with a flexible working environment and is motivated to be a self-starter
* The ability to communicate professionally and articulately (correct grammar, etc.) is a must
* No educational requirements as long as other requirements are met
* Team player and easygoing attitude
* Excitement to work in a fast-growing, entrepreneurial environment
This package will be competitive and commensurate with experience. There will be high commissions (and no caps), so that successful hunting is adequately rewarded! Additional details will be provided during the interview process.
* Will be competitive based on experience
* There will be high commissions on sales so that successful hunting is rewarded!
* Any expenses would, of course, reimbursed
* Health benefits are available if needed
* Most people involved in Muse are young (20’s & 30’s) and energetic.
* We take pride in growing and running a good, ethical business that we can all be proud of. But we don't take ourselves too seriously. We like happy hours and don’t wear a lot of suits.
* Our company was formed as a project at Harvard Business School, and while it’s come a long way since then, we still love to experiment, test, analyze, and learn!* Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
* We do not discriminate against any race, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation, or any other demographic.
If this job sounds up your alley, please email the following:
*Please note that we will not evaluate applicants who only submit a resume.