VEDA is seeking to hire a full-time Loan Closing Officer whose primary responsibilities will be to prepare agricultural, commercial and SBA loan documents for all VEDA loan programs; conduct closing and maintenance of closing documentation; assist in other servicing documentation and project related duties.
Essential Job Functions
- Reviews credit analysis and commitment letter in preparation of loan documents.
- Reviews real estate and personal property opinions, title insurance, corporate evidence, leases, contracts, insurance and permits provided by legal counsel and others.
- Communicates with all parties, schedules and attends loan closing.
- Provides assistance to attorneys, loan officers, borrowers and other lenders daily.
- Drafts documentation for all Other Business, i.e., note modifications, consolidations, assumptions, consents, releases.
- Maintains escrow accounts and disburses funds in a timely manner.
- Maintains compliance of closed loans.
- Inputs accounting database information.
- 7-10 years of experience within a legal setting; specialized paralegal and financial institution experience is beneficial.
- High-level of accuracy and attention to detail, proofing for content, grammar, spelling and typographical errors;
- Strong written, verbal and visual communication skills;
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and perform under tight deadlines;
- Knowledge of sound, effective loan closing/processing techniques;
- Ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Word/Outlook/Excel software;
- Ability to learn and maintain accounting and document management applications;
- Proactive and self-motivated;
- Perform special projects and assists other employees, as assigned;
- Ability to work effectively within a team
Working conditions are in a standard office environment. The successful applicant must exhibit a desire to innovate, learn new tasks, and accept a changing and evolving workload. VEDA offers a competitive salary and benefits package and is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer.
Job Type: Full-time