The Engineering Group Lead is responsible for leading a team of engineers in automation debugging and executing engineering efforts as assigned by the Business Unit or Functional Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Education & Experience Requirements
- Provide communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
- Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
- Ask questions; encourage input from team members. Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
- Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
- Review hours and time submission of team for compliance to procedure and project commitments.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
- Confer with reporting manager on complex or unusual situations.
- Establish new measurement systems if/where possible.
- Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines.
- Organize workload according to project and personnel capabilities.
- Work concurrently with Business Unit Management, Manufacturing, and Quality departments through the design phase of a program.
- Provide Business Unit Management / Business Development/PM’s/Functional Mgt with timely and accurate quotations to aid in the quoting process.
- Stay abreast of the latest technology and techniques to provide analyses that are competitive and cost effective.
- Provide support to the Manufacturing and Sustaining Departments through participation in the continuous improvement effort and promotion of a “Quality First” attitude.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Communicate criteria to recruiters for position candidates.
- Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements.
- Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
- Coach and mentor technician staff to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
- Provide feedback to staff on individual and team performance.
- Track metrics for team performance as required.
- Coordinate activities of large teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
- Strong knowledge of automation engineering and industry.
- Financial and analytical ability.
- Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
- Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
- Strong and convincing communication skills.
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
Jabil is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- BS, Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 4-6 Years of related Engineering experience preferably in a manufacturing automation engineering environment.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.