The Content Writer is responsible for developing articles, whitepapers, and other content formats through all stages including collaboration with stakeholders, research, drafting, editing, submission, distribution, and tracking of the content projects to meet marketing and strategic growth objectives and other requirements as defined. This position supports other Marketing department areas to facilitate initiatives and strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or other related field is required
- Minimum 3 years of relevant writing or marketing content development experience is required.
- Experience in a marketing environment is preferred.
- Experience in multiple content formats (i.e., articles, case studies, sales collateral, advertorials, etc.) is preferred.
- Demonstrates flexibility to respond and manage different tasks often with tight timelines and competing priorities, and a willingness to learn and accept new assignments.
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively independently and within a team structure.
- Demonstrates critical thinking and project management capabilities.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills in business and technical environment and within a diverse group of individuals.
- Strong research, interviewing, and editing skills.
- Demonstrates professionalism including maintaining high levels of confidentiality.
- Technically proficient and performs at an advanced level with respect to the Microsoft Office Suite products, specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Translates and communicates technical material and concepts into content that is accessible for audiences with mixed levels of expertise.
- Submits high-quality content drafts in a timely manner, working closely with Content Marketing Manager to finalize articles and other marketing assets through editing and technical revisions.
- Regularly updates the firm’s content calendar and makes necessary adjustments with oversight from the Content Marketing Manager.
- Works closely with marketing, technical, and service area subject matter experts to determine important topics and marketing priorities.
- Assists subject matter experts in filling out a content brief and navigating the firm’s standard content development process.
- Monitors, tracks, and collaborates on award nomination drafts as needed.
- Supports and contributes to other departmental areas including business development, special event planning, social media management, internal and external communications, and new forms of content creation.
- Completes special projects, including conducting research & analysis, proofreading and editing presentations, creating and distributing reports, and presenting process recommendations for consideration.
- Documents procedures performed, findings or other issues, draft/compile reports and correspondence.
- Communicates with supervisor any obstacles or items of concern.
- Provides courteous and prompt service to all internal and external parties. Prioritizes and addresses requests and assignments in a professional and cooperative manner.
- Assists co-workers in the completion of tasks and assignments to ensure continuity of service. Actively supports teamwork throughout the organization.
- Identifies opportunities and recommends methods to improve service, work processes and financial performance, e.g., expense management. Assists in the implementation of quality improvement initiatives.
- Performs other services as assigned.
- May periodically travel and work from different company locations.
- May be required to work extended hours during the workweek or on weekends as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of the job successfully with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and listen. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and the ability to focus. This position spends a significant amount of time sitting and operating a computer. Lifting requirements will not typically exceed 25 pounds.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully with or without reasonable accommodations. The work environment is that of a typical business/office operation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.