We are looking for Owner Authorized Representative (OAR) II for a position on a school district bond construction program
- Manages, oversees and coordinates all facets of the pre-construction, bid and award, construction and close-out phase of all assigned projects.
- Reviews pre-construction documents and submits comments to Designer as necessary.
- Plans, organizes, and prepares reports to upper management with respect to the status and/or progress of the projects.
- Coordinates with all pertinent public agencies during pre-construction and construction to comply with all off-site work; coordinates with various District and Project staff.
- Manages both the project budget and schedule to meet the District’s qualitative standards; monitors the project budget on a monthly basis and ensures that the budget accurately reflects the project status/progress.
- Manages daily activities of the contractor, reviews contractors’ construction schedules and submittals, and coordinates responses to the contractors’ inquiries thru the Requests for Clarifications (RFC) and other related documents.
- Reviews substitution submittals from contractors to ensure specification and/or District requirements are complied with.
- Receives, reviews, and negotiates Contractor Change Order Proposal(s) to achieve a fair & reasonable price in accordance with the General Conditions; reviews and addresses any and all Schedule impacts in accordance with the project specifications in a timely manner.
- Reviews the process and monitors payments for the contractor, architects, engineers and any other pertinent parties.
- Administers provisions of Professional Service Agreements between Architects and the District.
- Coordinates District delivery of related fixtures, furniture and equipment.
- Monitors and manages project close-out with respect to project certification with the Division of State Architects (DSA) and project financial close out.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 15 years full time paid professional experience in Project/Construction Management of Commercial and/or Public/Educational Facility Construction with full responsibility for coordinating complex projects with construction values in excess of $30M- $50M (not cumulative)
- 5 years experience in managing projects for an educational institution or public agency.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED EXPERIENCE:
- Design Build Experience
- Experience utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Experience with Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified projects and/or the Collaborative for High Performing Schools (CHPS)
- Experience with Division of the State Architect (DSA) construction/design processes
- Safety and OSHA Safety Regulations (OSHA 30 minimum)
- Graduation from a recognized college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management.
- Possession of a valid Certified Construction Manager (CCM) credential may be substituted for the required education.
PREFERRED LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES:
- A valid Certificate of Registration as an Architect by the California Architectural Board or Professional Engineer by the State Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
- A valid Construction Manager (CCM) credential by the Construction Manager Certification Institute (CMCI).
Job Type: Full-time