- Altus is a real estate investment and development firm with over 5.25 million square feet of office, industrial, retail and multifamily properties. With a cycle-tested platform dating back to the mid 1960s, our understanding of real estate dynamics allows us to anticipate the needs of our investments – positioning us to optimize risk-adjusted returns for our private and institutional partners. Altus works collaboratively and cross-functionally to source off-market transactions, underwrite opportunities and optimize the performance of portfolio assets with an emphasis on long-term value creation. Our in-house team of over 45 professionals handles each critical real estate function; including acquisitions, capital markets, development, property management and asset management.
- Altus offers professional independence, a full complement of resources in support of position responsibilities, competitive compensation, a full complement of benefits, and the opportunity to be a key team member of a growing investment company that embraces a common set of core values.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the strategic direction, operation and performance of Altus’ real estate portfolio located in St. Louis, Minneapolis and Kansas City – with the primary objective of leading the delivery of maximum NOI and value across portfolio assets. The team member will work in collaboration with Altus executives towards the successful execution of company strategies and goals. Position and salary shall be commensurate with experience.
- Development and leadership of asset business plans and strategies – commercial and multi-family.
- Implementation of all initiatives detailed within the approved business plans – for delivery of optimal NOI & Value.
- Leadership and management of the following operations teams / department leads: (i) asset management finance team; (ii) multi-family platform; (iii) operations execution leader (including property management, leasing & lease-admin, tenant improvement construction/delivery).
- Oversight of asset management financial modeling and reporting.
- Analysis of economic trends for each asset sub-market, and forecasting trends that impact the assets’ operations and long/short-term exit/refinance strategies.
- Management of asset based cash-flow, variances to budget, distribution analysis and investment projections.
- Support the investments team with pre-acquisition/development input and assistance in the due-diligence process, including review of market and operational assumptions.
- Support the investor relations team regarding the successful completion of quarterly and ad hoc asset management reporting and deliverables for investors.
- Leadership of portfolio analysis; including, quantitative and qualitative sell-hold analysis, lease approval analysis, and capital project analysis. Sufficient analytical support is available.
Education / Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in commercial and/or multi-family real estate.
- Significant experience in asset/portfolio management.
- 4-year business degree required. Degree in finance, strategy, or real estate preferred.
The Altus core values are “always do the right thing,” “learn and improve," “think like an owner," “uphold a sense of urgency,” and “sharpen pencils.” Accordingly, the candidate we are looking for will demonstrate the following:
- Strong understanding of the commercial real estate industry.
- Multi-family asset management and operational experience preferred.
- Ability to work well in a high pressure, time sensitive, entrepreneurial environment.
- Exceptional leadership and management skills.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills that facilitate engagement and trust among stakeholders.
- Exceptional quantitative / analytical aptitude.
- Confident self-starter with impeccable attention to detail.
- Proactive & goal oriented with an ability to change based upon circumstances.
- Ability to manage a high volume of workload while effectively managing projects with colleagues and management.
- Demonstrated ability to engender trust and confidence of senior executives, both internally and externally.
- Highly confidential.
- Ability to independently problem solve without direction from management.
- Overtime necessary around deadlines.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules