At the City of Sugar Land, we are looking for people driven by a desire to contribute, possess a willingness to be challenged, and are committed to public service. Our champion employees are a driving factor for making Sugar Land "One of America's Best". The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Share Point Developer
This position is responsible for maintaining, supporting and building upon the City of Sugar Land's SharePoint Environment. Analyzes and develops departmental sites, document libraries, electronic forms, workflows and calendars. Works with end-users to identify their needs and potential utilization of SharePoint. Performs specialized technical and analytical work related to the development and maintenance of computer and web application programs and systems using the SharePoint Online Platform. This position would include configuration, maintenance and management of SharePoint online architecture, support of Microsoft 365 Tenant and growing applications. Works closely with the Operations Division to manage the overall needs of the Microsoft-based environment.
Summary of Duties:
- Write and edit html codes for the customization of SharePoint Online solutions.
- Perform specialized technical and analytical work related to the development and maintenance of computer and web application programs and systems using the SharePoint online platform.
- Develop ad hoc queries and report construction.
- Use various scripting tools such as PowerShell to help with the overall management and governance of the City's SharePoint Online intranet.
- Deploy and administer SharePoint portals and monitor memory usage.
- Perform administration of intranet portal, Teams applications and user rights.
- Support IIS and .net application architecture.
- Identify opportunities for automation where none exists, troubleshoot operational issues including software and hardware, and resolve problems quickly, accurately and thoroughly.
Relatable Work Experience:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical training required.
Training (License and/or Certification):
- Three to five years of information technology experience in SharePoint required, five to seven years preferred.
- Working knowledge of JQuery, AJAX, CSS, HTML5, .NET and ASP.Net preferred.
- Valid Texas Driver License