Our growing company seeks an experienced Assistant Property Manager in the Portland area. Responsibilities include helping oversee operations, leasing, staff, and tenant relations on-site.
If you have at least 2 years in the property management industry, a strong operational background, and are a motivated, self-starter with great communication skills, we encourage you to apply! Please reply to this ad with your resume and cover letter as attachments. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Assist the Property Manager with rent collections, late notices, posting rents, serving 5 Day Pay or Quits and serving eviction notices
- Greet prospects and qualify by covering all criteria (ask questions; utilize completed guest cards, etc.).
- Demonstrate community and apartment/model and apply product knowledge to clients' needs by communicating the features and benefits; close the sale.
- Have prospect complete application and secure deposit in accordance with the company procedures and Fair Housing requirements.
- Update availability report, process applications for approvals. (i.e., credit check, rental history, etc.) Submit processed applications to the Property Manager for approval. Follow up with applicant regarding status.
- Ensure apartment is ready for resident to move-in on agreed date.
- Immediately follow-up on prospects that did not close and attempt to close sale again. If unable to help prospect, refer them to sister communities to meet prospect's needs.
- Secure new resident's signature(s) on appropriate paperwork prior to move-in. Orient new residents to community.
- Initiate and assist with all lease renewals
- Operate computers programmed with accounting software to record, store and analyze information.
- Understand the Apartment Association lease and contracted credit report application.
- Accept rental payments and post rents to the computer.
- Communicate with Property Managers regarding accuracy of invoices received; that purchase orders are attached and invoices are coded correctly, according to company procedures.
- Receive all telephone calls and in-person visits. Listen to resident requests, concerns and comments.
- Ensure all maintenance repairs are handled satisfactorily by contacting residents with completed Service Requests on a weekly basis.
- Contribute to cleanliness and curb appeal of the community on continuing basis.
- Demonstrate ability to diffuse and respond to customer concerns to avoid escalation of the problem.
- Assist in placing, removing/updating banners, balloons, bandit signs, flags, etc.
- Distribute newsletters, pamphlets, flyers, etc.
- Assist in conducting market surveys and shop competitive communities.
- High-school graduate, College graduate preferred
- Must possess strong attention to detail and sales ability.
- Demonstrate an ability to support and contribute to community team.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
- Competence in operation of telephone, business calculator, copy machine, personal computer/keyboard, Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and MS Outlook and community software.
- Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to smile under all circumstances.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Neat, clean, professional at all times throughout the workday and/or whenever present at the community.
- Knowledge of general business and accounting concepts and practices
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 /hour
- Property Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Assistant Property Manager: 1 year (Required)