- 5+ years’ experience providing executive level assistance in a fast-paced environment
- Experienced with Outlook, SharePoint, Microsoft Word and Excel
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
An exciting and unique opportunity is available to assist the Vice President of Amazon Music Global Marketing and Business Intelligence. You will partner with the existing administrative team to offer comprehensive support for a highly-distributed global organization. A successful candidate will have experience with heavy calendar management, large internal team meetings/ summits, leadership meetings, and external meeting coordination. This role requires administrative excellence, concise communication skills, professionalism, and the ability to perform under pressure.
This role demands a sense of urgency, sound judgement and the ability to operate independently in an ambiguous environment. The right candidate will have a strong bias for action and the ability to think proactively and strategically with productive and effective solutions. An effective candidate will showcase a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information as well as professionalism when dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company.
- Provide executive assistant support to 2 executives on the Amazon Music team
- Complex calendar management and scheduling of internal and external meetings
- Offer logical and timely decisions; understanding when to take ownership of a decision and when to escalate or involve others
- Drive and track completion of key deliverables; providing project oversight on outstanding items
- Prioritize and respond to time-sensitive, confidential information, ensuring follow-up action is addressed efficiently and effectively
- Plan regular domestic travel to other office locations
- Organize team events, meetings, quarterly recognition events, etc.
- Possess exceptional verbal and written communications skills and the ability to switch gears effortlessly and at any moment
- Interface with EA network; cultivating trust and a collaborative team environment
- Make smart and timely decisions; understand when to take ownership of a decision and when to involve other parties
- Understand intricacies of cultural differences and operate within multiple time zones simultaneously
- Manage expenses in a timely manner
- May be involved in space planning
- Bachelor's Degree
- Marketing and Music and/or Entertainment industry experience
- Ability to quickly learn organizational structure and the objectives of the team
- Must demonstrate passion and enthusiasm for customer experience and Amazon's vision
- Strong organizational and communication skills, team oriented philosophy and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments at any given time while maintaining commitment to deadlines
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of groups such as external partners, senior management, peers and outside vendors
- Highly motivated, organized individual who is able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Sense of humor and ability to work while having fun in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to maintain composure and task switch efficiently in a rapidly changing environment
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age